Malaysia Airlines signs code-sharing pact with Jet AirwaysFebruary 18th, 2009 - 8:06 pm ICT by IANS
Kuala Lumpur, Feb 18 (Xinhua) Malaysia Airlines (MAS) Wednesday signed a code-sharing agreement with Jet Airways and plans to seal a deal with it for a maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) joint venture in Hyderabad, India, by February end, its chief executive officer Idris Jala said here.
The airline, which is also Malaysia’s national carrier, was hopeful that India’s Jet Airways would become its anchor tenant, Jala said after signing the code-sharing agreement with the Indian airline .
“It is our desire to have robust and commercially viable MRO joint venture in Hyderabad,” Idris said.
“We really like to get Jet Airways as our anchor tenant. So, instead of flying to Malaysia for MRO services they can do it in India itself,” he said.
- 'India aiming to be among top five aviation markets' - Mar 14, 2012
- UAE, Chinese airlines sign cooperation agreement - Mar 23, 2012
- Hyderabad airport signs MoU with Jet for fleet maintenance - Jan 22, 2010
- Rationalise tax structure for aviation sector: Assocham - Nov 12, 2011
- Air India's new MRO coming up in Nagpur - Sep 04, 2012
- Etihad starts codeshare flights with Chinese carrier - Mar 02, 2012
- GE Aviation signs technical solutions agreement with Air India - Feb 04, 2011
- Delta invests $65 mn in Mexico's leading airline - Aug 11, 2011
- Malaysian PM's India visit drew $468 mn worth of potential deals - Feb 16, 2010
- Jet Airways signs MOU with Vietnam Airlines - Oct 12, 2011
- Air Asia to add six more India-Malaysia flights - Apr 13, 2010
- Kingfisher, British Airways enter code-sharing aggrement - Sep 06, 2010
- Etihad, Czech Airlines sign codeshare agreement - Jun 25, 2011
- Air India, GE to set up $90 mn engine maintenance facility - Mar 04, 2010
- Aircraft maintenance has $1-bn business potential in India - Oct 22, 2008
Tags: anchor tenant, chief executive officer, desire, hyderabad india, idris jala, indian airline, jet airways, joint venture, kuala lumpur, maintenance repair, malaysia airlines, mro services, national carrier, pact, signs, xinhua