Malaysia Airlines sees India as the airline business market of the futureDecember 3rd, 2007 - 6:01 pm ICT by admin
Kuala Lumpur, Dec.3 (ANI): Malaysia Airlines sees India as the next big market for the airline business, and hopes to expand its present five destinations in the country.
Currently, the airline flies to Chennai, New Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore and Hyderabad and has an existing code share with Air India, reports The Star.
In China, the airline’s managing director, Datuk Seri Idris Jala, said in Sepang recently that the service presently flies to six places — Hong Kong, Guangzhou, Beijing, Shanghai, Kunming and Xiamen — and added Macau is the latest addition to the list, starting off with four weekly direct flights. In total, Malaysia Airlines operates 63 flights to China.
The plan to serve more destinations in China and India is part of MAS overall aim to boost its position as one of Asia’s premier airlines. Basically, the airline will adopt a two-pronged strategy in tackling these large markets; operating its own flights and through code share agreements. (ANI)
- Malaysia Airlines signs code-sharing pact with Jet Airways - Feb 18, 2009
- Emirates cuts fares on select destinations - Jul 18, 2012
- Chinese airlines to buy 40 Boeing planes - Aug 07, 2012
- AirAsia set to become most connected non-local airline in India - Nov 21, 2009
- Australian, Chinese airlines start joint venture - Mar 26, 2012
- SriLankan to fly daily to Beijing, Shanghai - Jul 08, 2012
- China woos Indian tourists - Aug 29, 2012
- Air Asia to link five more Indian cities - Mar 11, 2010
- Finnair looking at Indian cities beyond New Delhi - Sep 09, 2010
- Malaysia to make visa access easier for Indian tourists - Jul 08, 2010
- Saudi Arabia's Nasair starts Delhi flights - Jan 18, 2011
- Air India to cut loss-making routes (Lead) - Jun 05, 2012
- Goan origin Fernandes has pan-India aspiration for his AirAsia (Lead) - Apr 13, 2010
- Air Asia to add six more India-Malaysia flights - Apr 13, 2010
- Etihad starts codeshare flights with Chinese carrier - Mar 02, 2012
Tags: aim, air india, airline business, business market, china, code share, datuk seri, direct flights, flies, flights to, idris jala, india reports, kunming, latest addition, malaysia airlines, premier airlines, pronged strategy, sepang, xiamen