Malay-Indians thronging to MyIndians.com to solve ID, documentation problemsJanuary 21st, 2011 - 6:30 pm ICT by ANI
Kuala Lumpur, Jan 21 (ANI): Around 2,000 people belonging to the Malay-Indian community visited the MyIndians.com web portal booth to sort out their identification and documentation problems.
The Star quoted one of the portal’s founders Datin R.Vasanthi as saying that most of their problems were “minor.”
“Also, many of them did not know how to settle it or whom to consult,” he added.
Vasanthi described the Thaipusam Festival as an ideal platform to reach out to the public and said officers from the National Registration Department (NRD) were also at the booth to assist visitors.
Twenty-year-old Mohan Kumar from Pahang, who had sought the organisation’s help earlier, has reportedly received his new birth certificate and identify card from Prime Minister Najib Tun Razak.
MyIndians.com was established four months ago and also offers assistance in education, employment, business and skills training. (ANI)
- Malaysia Education Ministry explains race column in varsity application forms - Apr 17, 2011
- Malay Indian voters to support Barisan Nasional - Apr 23, 2011
- Nation wide 'Mydafter campaign' likely to help "stateless" Malay Indians. - Feb 14, 2011
- Malaysia to set up special counters to help Indians without documents - Jan 18, 2011
- I am a Malay, says Malaysian ex-PM with Indian roots - Mar 08, 2011
- Malaysian Indian Muslim Congress joins ruling party - Oct 26, 2010
- NGOs asked to inform Malay PM about the plight of Malay Indian community - Sep 07, 2009
- Malay Govt. hoping to win back Malay Indian vote with aid project - Aug 17, 2010
- Malay Hindus flock to Batu Caves to celebrate Thaipusam Festival - Jan 20, 2011
- Malay Indians lack awareness of ETP benefits, says Razak - Apr 24, 2011
- Malaysia to launch programmes help Indian community entrepreneurs - Sep 19, 2010
- Malay Prime Minister's wife launches bhangra band - Apr 02, 2011
- Indian temple becomes first solar-powered edifice in Malaysia - Aug 03, 2010
- Malaysian Hindu temples urged to get registered for aid - Apr 18, 2011
- Malay-Indian youngsters to discuss community issues with Prime Minister - Apr 27, 2010
Tags: birth certificate, datin, documentation problems, education employment, employment business, founders, four months, indians, jan 21, kuala lumpur, malay, mohan kumar, najib tun razak, national registration department, new birth, nrd, pahang, thaipusam festival, vasanthi, web portal