Malawi’s top judge to hear Madonna’s adoption pleaApril 30th, 2009 - 1:44 pm ICT by IANS
London, April 30 (IANS) Pop diva Madonna’s ongoing bid to adopt a Malawian girl will be heard by the country’s top judge May 4.
The singer is appealing against a high court judge’s April 3 ruling, which rejected her request for the adoption of three-year-old Mercy James, reported femalefirst.com.
The case will be heard by a panel in the capital city of Lilongwe Monda and Malawi’s top judge, Chief Justice Lovemore Munlo, has taken it upon himself to hear the “important” case.
“Since this involves an infant, it will be heard in chambers. This is an important case that’s why the chief justice himself has taken special interest,” said Joseph Chigona, spokesperson for High Court and Supreme Court of Appeal.
Madonna, who is recovering after falling off a horse in New York earlier this month, is not required to attend the hearing.
- Madonna on Mercy flight to collect Malawi Orphan Chifundo - Jun 21, 2009
- Malawi court allows Madonna to adopt Mercy - Jun 12, 2009
- Madonna gets court nod to adopt Malawian kid - Jun 13, 2009
- Madonna pays $19 million to adopt Malawi orphan Mercy James - Jun 14, 2009
- Madonna's Malawian daughter's family plans to sue over break of visit vow - Feb 07, 2011
- Madonna to resume adoption battle - Apr 21, 2009
- Madonna screamed as judge rejected adoption plea - Apr 05, 2009
- Madge won't allow Malawian dad to meet adopted daughter Mercy - Aug 30, 2010
- Top Malawi judge to crush Madonna's adoption dream - May 03, 2009
- Madonna may soon take Mercy James home - Jun 09, 2009
- Mercy's family may sue Madonna - Feb 06, 2011
- Madonna's school coming up fast in Malawi - Jan 10, 2010
- Madonna 'convinces judges' in Malawi adoption case - Jun 09, 2009
- Madonna back in Malawi - Apr 06, 2010
- Madonna gets appeal date for Mercy's adoption - Apr 21, 2009