‘Major white flash’ by ‘hitmen’ might have caused Diana crashNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:18 am ICT by admin
Speaking via video link from the French capital, Levistre told the inquest into the deaths of Diana and Dodi that the Princess’ car was overtaken by a motorcycle inside the underpass. e then told the jury that he saw a very bright flash, just like the light from a police radar, being directed at the Mercedes.
“I realised there was this major white flash of the motorbike in front of the Mercedes, in front of the car. I was nearly at the exit of the tunnel and I realised that because I heard the noise of the motorbike within the tunnel,” the Daily Express quoted Levistre, as saying.I just wondered what happened because the light was like you were caught by the police in a radar,” he added.
He concluded that the power of the flash was much greater than that produced by a normal photographer’s flash. He also told the court that he had not seen any photographers in the tunnel in the immediate aftermath of the crash.
Levistre, who saw the events in his rear-view mirror, described how the Mercedes swerved from side to side before it turned around.
“When I saw the light, I looked into the mirror… I saw the car going from left to right to left again to get within the pillar. The car had no light any longer. Everything was switched off,” he said.
He told the jury the bike stopped and the pillion passenger walked over to the wrecked car, inspected it then signalled his aide that they needed to move quickly out of the Alma tunnel in Paris.
“They were dressed in all black with helmets. And the passenger went to the car, looked into the car - because from my mirror I could see everything that was happening - and the passenger he made a gesture with his hands,” he said.
Asked why he had not left his car to help those in the crash, Levistre answered: “Fear.” Asked what he had been afraid of, he replied: “Just like I said, I thought they were hitmen.”
Levistre played down the paparazzi theory by saying that there was nobody in the tunnel except for him and the bike riders.
“I could hear the word ‘paparazzi, paparazzi,’ but actually I knew that there were no photographers, I knew that there was nobody else up there,” he said.e added that he saw a small white car in the tunnel, but maintained that there was no contact between it and the Mercedes. (ANI)
- Frenchman who 'heard Diana's dying words' exposed as a common thief - Nov 02, 2010
- 'Princess Diana was murdered' - Jul 22, 2010
- Tony Blair 'worried for Princess Di' when she started dating Dodi Fayed - Sep 03, 2010
- Di's death was not an accident, says leading lawyer - Sep 02, 2009
- `Princess Diana died as attempt to scare her went wrong' - Mar 12, 2010
- Princess Di has concluded her death was a 'well-planned accident': Psychic - Aug 31, 2010
- Diana car crash 'was like an explosion': Witness - Nov 14, 2007
- Princess Di's driver's blood test 'wasn't verified' - Aug 09, 2010
- Chauffeur behind Princess Di's death was 'framed as a drunk driver' - May 20, 2010
- New book tells story if Diana had not died in car crash - Jan 06, 2011
- Letter on Di's fears of being killed withheld by senior police officers - Sep 26, 2009
- 'Diana died after plan to frighten her into leaving lover went horribly wrong' - Mar 12, 2010
- Paparazzi 'blitzed' Diana moments before crash: Witness - Nov 14, 2007
- French owner wants back car that killed Diana - Sep 07, 2008
- China's Princess Diana Lingerie Ad Unveiled on Anniversary of her Death, Causes Outrage - Sep 02, 2010
Tags: bright flash, daily express, diana crash, dodi, french capital, hitmen, mercedes, mirror, motorbike, paris tunnel, pillion passenger, police radar, princess, realised, saw the light, tunnel in paris, video link, wrecked car