Magnitude 7.2 quake hits MexicoMay 2nd, 2012 - 8:55 am ICT by IANS
Mexico City, May 2 (IANS) A major earthquake measuring 7.2 on the Richter scale jolted offshore Mexican state of Chiapas, Tuesday, according to a local radio station. There was no immediate report of any casualty or damage to property.
According to Chiapas Civil Protection Direction sources, the temblor occurred at 5.43 p.m., reported Xinhua citing the local radio station.
According to the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), the quake’s epicentre, with a depth of 44 km, was initially determined to be at 14.42 degrees north latitude and 92.96 degrees west longitude.
- 5.4 magnitude quake hits Nicobar Islands - Dec 03, 2011
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Argentina, no casualties - May 28, 2012
- 5.9-magnitude quake hits Fiji region - Mar 27, 2011
- 4.5-magnitude quake hits China - Nov 02, 2011
- Moderate quake hits Nicobar Islands (Lead) - Dec 03, 2011
- Quake jolts India-Myanmar border - Jul 15, 2012
- 5.8 magnitude quake hits Nicobar Islands (Lead) - Dec 01, 2011
- Magnitude 6 quake hits China - Mar 09, 2012
- Magnitude-6.9 quake hits Solomon Islands - Apr 23, 2011
- Strong earthquake hits Vanuatu - Apr 15, 2012
- 6.1-magnitude quake hits Japan - Oct 21, 2011
- 5.4-magnitude quake hits China - Nov 01, 2011
- Two earthquakes jolt Tibet - Mar 24, 2010
- Strong earthquake jolts China (Lead) - Mar 09, 2012
- Temblor shakes Kashmir, Pakistan, Afghanistan; no loss of life (Roundup) - Nov 07, 2011
Tags: casualty, earthquake, epicentre, local radio station, magnitude, mexico city, mexico mexico, north latitude, quake, richter scale, state of chiapas, temblor, u s geological survey, west longitude, xinhua