Madonna to resume adoption battleApril 21st, 2009 - 12:17 pm ICT by IANS
London, April 21 (IANS) Pop diva Madonna will resume her battle to adopt a Malawian girl in the next fortnight.
The singer’s appeal against a ruling that stopped her from taking Mercy James home will be heard on May 4, thesun.co.uk reports.
Three judges in Malawi’s Supreme Court of Appeal will decide the three-year-old’s fate.
Madonna, 50, who is recovering from a horse-riding accident in New York, will not have to sit through the proceedings of the court.
The star adopted David Banda, 3, from the African country in 2006 sparking claims that her application had been given special status.
- Madonna may soon take Mercy James home - Jun 09, 2009
- Madonna on Mercy flight to collect Malawi Orphan Chifundo - Jun 21, 2009
- Madonna gets appeal date for Mercy's adoption - Apr 21, 2009
- Madge won't allow Malawian dad to meet adopted daughter Mercy - Aug 30, 2010
- Madonna 'convinces judges' in Malawi adoption case - Jun 09, 2009
- Madonna gets court nod to adopt Malawian kid - Jun 13, 2009
- 'Ecstatic' Madonna wins second Malawi adoption case - Jun 13, 2009
- Madonna's Malawian daughter's family plans to sue over break of visit vow - Feb 07, 2011
- Madonna's adopted daughter Mercy to meet real family - Mar 30, 2010
- Madonna's Malawian daughter forgets native language - Oct 28, 2009
- Malawi's top judge to hear Madonna's adoption plea - Apr 30, 2009
- Madonna appeals adoption case in Malawi - May 04, 2009
- Malawian girl's father speaks out against Madonna - May 03, 2009
- Madonna takes adopted daughter Mercy to Kabbalah meeting - Jul 06, 2009
- Madonna's 'slutty' dressing may cost her Malawian kid adoption bid - May 06, 2009