Madonna to marry 22-year-old beau?May 15th, 2009 - 12:40 am ICT by IANS
London, May 14 (IANS) Pop diva Madonna, 50, and her 22-year-old beau Jesus Luz are getting married, the groom-to-be’s father says.
The Brazilian model’s father Luis Heitor Pinto da Luz has revealed the couple are planning a Kabbalah ceremony to have their union recognised by the Jewish faith followed by the singer, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
The union, however, will not be legally binding.
“The Kabbalah ceremony in New York that will link up my son Jesus Luz and Madonna only confirms that he is extremely happy. I don’t know if there will, in fact, be a real marriage between Madonna and my son. It will be a type of ritual, but I do not know Kabbalah or if the ceremony will have legal validity,” said da Luz.
He also confirmed that the couple are living together in New York and that his son has bonded well with the star’s three children, Lourdes, 12, Rocco, 8, and David, 3.
“She has small children, and Jesus helps her out with various tasks involving all of them. He plays ball with the kids. Jesus has charisma and loves children,” da Luz said.
Despite the 28-year age gap between the pair, da Luz insists he approves of their relationship.
“I’ve spoken by phone with Madonna - in French, because my English is not fluent - and she appears to me to be a normal and polite person. She is feminine. I don’t feel she is a harsh person,” he said.
Madonna recently divorced British filmmaker Guy Ritchie after almost eight years of marriage.
- Madonna, Jesus tying the knot - the kabbalah style, says his dad - May 14, 2009
- Madge 'plans to meet Jesus' family' - Jun 11, 2009
- Madonna dismisses her marriage plans - May 16, 2009
- Madonna learns breakdance from son - May 18, 2012
- Madonna wants to be tougher parent - Apr 19, 2012
- Madonna blasts 'Jesus marriage' reports - May 16, 2009
- Madonna not getting married to Jesus - May 16, 2009
- Madonna, Jesus 'to swap commitment vows in Kabbalah service' - May 10, 2009
- Madonna considering more children - Oct 11, 2009
- Jesus Luz isn't after Madonna for Publicity: Ex-Girlfriend - Mar 03, 2009
- Madonna wants to have another child - Oct 01, 2009
- Madonna plans to move back to Britain - Oct 11, 2010
- Guy to spend Christmas with Madonna, kids - Dec 13, 2010
- Madonna decade's most talked about celebrity - Dec 23, 2010
- Men didn't find young Madonna attractive - Nov 11, 2011
Tags: age gap, brazilian model, british filmmaker, charisma, da luz, femalefirst, gap, guy ritchie, heitor, jewish faith, kabbalah ceremony, legal validity, lourdes, madonna, marriage, pinto, polite person, pop diva, rocco, son jesus