Madonna, Ritchie heading for divorce?June 28th, 2008 - 4:07 pm ICT by IANS
London, June 28 (IANS) London may be the setting for yet another high profile divorce. It may be the turn of pop superstar Madonna and Guy Ritchie to separate after Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson, and most recently Sir Paul McCartney and Heather Mills. The marriage of the queen of pop and the British film director may be over, The Independent reports, adding that Madonna is in talks with divorce lawyer Fiona Shackleton. The celebrity lawyer has handled all the cases mentioned above besides the divorce of Prince Charles and Diana.
Madonna and Ritchie had married in 2000, just before the birth of their first child.
The singer is said to be of the view that the priority of the divorce should not be the property but the future of their three children, including their adopted Malawian son David Banda, who will be three in September.
Ritchie may end up with a sizeable chunk of his wife’s assets worth 300 million pounds if the divorce comes through, particularly if he can argue that he was financially disadvantaged over the course of the marriage, some lawyers say.
London is rife with speculation about Ritchie’s stand. Did he sacrifice his career and earning capacity in order to prioritise hers? Did he have a choice? Has it been difficult for him, living with such a famous and wealthy woman?
That’s just one side of the storm brewing in Madonna’s cup. Her estranged brother, Christopher Ciccone, is said to be ready with a bare-all biography, “Life with My Sister Madonna”.
Her spokesperson, however, offered no official comment on the issue.
- Jordan hires Paul McCratney's lawyer to represent her - May 15, 2009
- Madges hubby Guy Ritchie hires divorce lawyer too - Jun 28, 2008
- Jordan hires Paul McCartney's divorce lawyer - May 23, 2009
- Madge hires Maccas divorce lawyer - Jun 25, 2008
- Madonna plans to move back to Britain - Oct 11, 2010
- Madonna to pay Guy Ritchie 60 mn pounds in divorce deal - Oct 18, 2008
- Madonna to thrash out child custody deal - Dec 25, 2008
- Madonna's brother to launch shoe collection - Jul 22, 2012
- Cheryl Cole to divorce love-rat Ashley? - Feb 17, 2010
- Madonna's brother mocks her marriage referee role - Mar 06, 2010
- Madonna decade's most talked about celebrity - Dec 23, 2010
- Madonna planning baby with Jesus - Jan 20, 2010
- Heather Mills hospitalized after skiing accident - May 13, 2011
- Madonna struggles being single mom - Mar 11, 2012
- Is Madonna Dating Choreographer Brahim Rachiki? - Oct 21, 2010
Tags: brother christopher, charles and diana, christopher ciccone, david banda, divorce lawyer, fiona shackleton, guy ritchie, independent reports, madonna and guy ritchie, malawian, paul mccartney and heather mills, pop superstar madonna, prince andrew and sarah ferguson, prince charles, queen of pop, sarah ferguson, sir paul mccartney, sizeable chunk, storm brewing, wealthy woman