Madonna pledges to stay in Britain despite divorceOctober 21st, 2008 - 12:31 am ICT by IANS
London, Oct 20 (IANS) Pop diva Madonna has promised not to leave Britain for good despite the collapse of her marriage with British director Guy Ritchie.The singer, 50, had been expected to move to New York with their children full-time once the divorce was finalised, reports mirror.co.uk.
But Ritchie, 40, believes the kids Lourdes, 12, Rocco, 7, and two-year-old David should remain in Britain.
Madonna has had a change of heart and will continue to maintain a home in London, allowing Ritchie regular contact with them.
“Everyone expected Madonna to up sticks and go and live in New York - taking the children with her. But despite some of the unhappy memories that London holds, she still feels that it’s the best base for the kids,” said a source.
The source added: “They are very happy at their school and she doesn’t want anything to interfere with that. Madonna was planning to leave and make a fresh start abroad. But London still has a massive hold on her and it’s hard to just shake off.”
- Madonna plans to move back to Britain - Oct 11, 2010
- Madonna struggles being single mom - Mar 11, 2012
- Sibling rivalry between Madonna's kids! - Jun 12, 2012
- Madonna, Ritchie to reunite for Christmas - Dec 21, 2009
- Guy to spend Christmas with Madonna, kids - Dec 13, 2010
- Madonna's kids dislike her music - Apr 02, 2012
- Madonna still angry with daughter over smoking - Apr 09, 2012
- Will intimate Madonna-Ritchie divorce details be aired in public? - Feb 21, 2009
- Madonna 'loves Britain', despite Guy Ritchie split - Jul 27, 2010
- Madge rediscovers love for Britain - Mar 23, 2010
- Guy Ritchie, Ainsley expecting a boy? - Jun 10, 2011
- Madonna takes beau on French ride - Aug 27, 2011
- Madonna planning baby with Jesus - Jan 20, 2010
- Guy Ritchie to buy pub in New York to be closer to kids - Nov 30, 2008
- Richie confirms girlfriend's pregnancy news - Jul 20, 2012