Madonna given royal treatment on her 50th birthdayAugust 18th, 2008 - 3:19 pm ICT by ANI
London, Aug 18 (ANI): Queen of pop Madonnas 50th birthday celebration on August 16 went off without a hitch, and as per her film director hubby Guy Ritchies plans.
Ritchie went to every length to make the birthday a memorable one for his wife, even making an emotive speech that helped dispel rumours of trouble between them leading to a split.
The director stood up in front of 90 of his wifes pals at the Volstead nightclub bash in Londons West End, and paid tribute to her amazing career, and his pride of being her husband.
She looks better now than she ever has done. Im so proud. I love her so much, British tabloid The Sun quoted him as saying.
After his speech, which had left almost everyone teary eyed, the couples 11-year-old daughter Lourdes sang Never Alone from the musical Fame, proving she could follow in her mothers giant footsteps if she so chose.
Madge was so touched by it all that she had to compose herself before thanking her friends and family, in a speech that lasted almost 30 minutes.
The singer appeared to be using the party as a final run-through for her world tour, which starts in Cardiff on August 23.
She gyrated along to her back catalogue and kids Lourdes, Rocco and David joined in too, while Ritchie gazed upon them from the bar.
She loved it when her songs came on. Her dancers were pulling out all the moves, breakdancing around her. It was like a final rehearsal for the tour, a friend added. (ANI)
- Sibling rivalry between Madonna's kids! - Jun 12, 2012
- Madonna learns breakdance from son - May 18, 2012
- Guy Ritchie's girlfriend pregnant again? - Jul 19, 2012
- Madonna, Ritchie fall out over son's birthday party - Sep 06, 2010
- Madge to celebrate b'day with King-Queen themed fancy dress bash - Aug 14, 2010
- Guy to spend Christmas with Madonna, kids - Dec 13, 2010
- Madonna wants to be tougher parent - Apr 19, 2012
- Madonna struggles being single mom - Mar 11, 2012
- Madonna's daughter Lourdes makes appearance in song video - Sep 02, 2009
- Madonna still angry with daughter over smoking - Apr 09, 2012
- Guy Ritchie's new girl plays 'mum' to Madonna's sons on night out - Aug 22, 2010
- Guy Ritchie, Ainsley expecting a boy? - Jun 10, 2011
- Guy Ritchie, girlfriend expecting first child - Mar 07, 2011
- Madonna declares Jesus is 'the love of her life' - Aug 18, 2009
- Guy Ritchie 'circumcised to comply with ex-wife Madge's Kabbalah beliefs' - May 05, 2011