Madonna gets ready to bring Mercy James homeJune 10th, 2009 - 1:38 pm ICT by IANS
London, June 10 (IANS) Madonna is hopeful that she will be allowed to adopt the three-year-old Malawian girl Mercy James. So the pop star is making preparations to move the child into her New York home, says her lawyer.
“She was pleased to have a sign things may go favourably. It has been a very anxious time for her,” said Madonna’s lawyer Alan Chinula.
Dailymail.co.uk reports that the three judges of the Malawi Supreme Court seem to be “in unison” and the decision will go Madonna’s way. The singer’s decision to adopt Mercy was in trouble when a judge blocked it.
Madonna also has the support of Yohae Banda, father of her adopted son David.
“Madonna found David frail and sick but I couldn’t believe my eyes how he had been transformed when I met him in March. He is such a big, bouncy, happy boy. I’m happy for him,” said Yohae Banda.
- Mercy's family may sue Madonna - Feb 06, 2011
- Madonna 'convinces judges' in Malawi adoption case - Jun 09, 2009
- Madonna's Malawian daughter's family plans to sue over break of visit vow - Feb 07, 2011
- Madonna's adoption hope still alive - Apr 14, 2009
- Madonna may soon take Mercy James home - Jun 09, 2009
- Madonna 'vows to adopt Malawian tot' - Apr 08, 2009
- Madge's adoptive daughter's family has no legal right to see her: Lawyer - Feb 10, 2011
- Madonna on Mercy flight to collect Malawi Orphan Chifundo - Jun 21, 2009
- Madonna's lawyers 'hopeful' adoption appeal would succeed - May 05, 2009
- Madonna to spend just 3 weeks with Malawi tot Mercy before world tour - Jun 15, 2009
- Madonna's Malawian daughter forgets native language - Oct 28, 2009
- 'Tearful' Mercy James pleads for 'her mum Madonna' - Apr 06, 2009
- Madonna pays $19 million to adopt Malawi orphan Mercy James - Jun 14, 2009
- Madonna's adoption plan will come through, says lawyer - Apr 02, 2009
- 'Ecstatic' Madonna wins second Malawi adoption case - Jun 13, 2009