Madeleine McCann’s parents close to being clearedNovember 14th, 2007 - 1:49 am ICT by admin
However, it looks like Madeleine’s DNA was transferred into the car when the McCanns hastily left their apartment in the Algarve resort of Praia da Luz.
They were moving into a nearby apartment and did not want to reveal the location.
Some items were packed in suitcases and others were put in plastic bags or scattered across the back of the car.
The McCanns took out the back seat of the car to accommodate everything inside.
Apparently, another source of DNA could have come from dirty nappies of two-year-old twins Sean and Amelie. The DNA closely matches Madeleine’s.
This seems to explain why bodily fluids, suspected to be urine and excrement, were found in the spare tyre well in the boot.
With no fresh leads, the Portuguese police are under pressure to clear the couple.
“The tests which have taken place so far have proved inconclusive,’ the Daily Express quoted an insider, as saying.
“Retesting will continue for some time but all the indications are that there will not be anything significant to come out of it,” the source said.
Another source close to the couple said that the investigations have only added to the McCanns’ agony.
“Of course they have no DNA evidence against them. How could they? They’re not guilty,” a source said.
“The case has been full of holes from the start, yet Madeleine’s heartbroken parents have been forced to endure the agony of being accused of killing her.
“It is a disgrace and it is now time to drop the whole ludicrous thing and get on with what they should have been doing from day one - and that is searching for Madeleine. Kate and Gerry, both 39, are also terrified that they will not be able to rebuild their lives while the suspicion hangs over them,” the source said.
A source close to them said the couple fears that Madeleine will never be found, and that it is high time that the investigators focus ion the missing girl.
“Gerry and Kate’s biggest fear is that Madeleine will never be found and the case will go unsolved. They could go on for ever without knowing what happened to their daughter and that’s unbearable,” another source said
“If Madeleine isn’t found, the McCanns also fear they will have to live under a cloud of suspicion for years. They are desperately hoping Madeleine is alive and that hope still drives them.
“They want the police to refocus their concentration on finding Madeleine and will do whatever it takes,” the source added. (ANI)
- Abducted British girl spotted in India? (Lead) - Jul 28, 2011
- Kashmir police deny finding missing British girl (Third Lead) - Jul 28, 2011
- McCanns' release jigsaw image of Madeleine - Dec 22, 2011
- Missing British child spotted in India? - Jul 28, 2011
- McCanns' postpone launch of Maddie book in view of the Royal wedding - Jan 03, 2011
- Parents as accused: Aarushi murder's similarity with others - Feb 09, 2011
- Child's body found in hunt for missing New Zealand girl - Oct 12, 2009
- Mystery, hope and prayer mark Madeleine anniversary - May 03, 2008
- Bloody footprint found in Madeleine McCann's parents' apartment - Nov 14, 2007
- Jolie extends support to missing Madeleine McCanns mum - Aug 25, 2008
- London Olympic tickets unveiled - May 22, 2012
- British tabloid apologises to missing girl's parents - Mar 19, 2008
- Scottish Singer And Songwriter Gerry Rafferty Dies At 63 - Jan 05, 2011
- Kate and Gerry McCann accept apologies from two newspapers - Mar 20, 2008
- Frankie Boyle's 'Tramadol Nights' show axed - Jan 31, 2012
Tags: accused, agony, amelie, apparently, bodily fluids, daily express, dirty nappies, dna evidence, excrement, gerry mccann, heartbroken, holiday in portugal, kate, ludicrous, madeleine, mccanns, nearby apartment, parents, praia da luz, spare tyre