Luxembourg opens embassy in UAENovember 22nd, 2011 - 12:13 am ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, Nov 21 (IANS/WAM) Luxembourg has opened its embassy in the UAE, its first in the Arab world.
A ceremony was organised at the Emirates Palace Hotel here Sunday to mark the occasion.
Prince Guillaume, the grand duke of Luxembourg, and Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the UAE foreign minister, among others, attended the function.
This is the first and the only Luxembourg embassy in the Gulf region, Luxembourg’s Foreign Affairs Minister Jean Asselborn said at the ceremony.
- UAE reiterates support to Myanmar Muslims - Jul 14, 2012
- 36 UAE diplomats sworn in - Aug 04, 2012
- UAE foreign minister visits Iraq - Feb 17, 2012
- Abu Dhabi prince meets US defence secretary - Mar 16, 2012
- Dutch queen tours Abu Dhabi mosque - Jan 09, 2012
- UAE, Yemen hold talks - Jan 15, 2012
- UAE calls for end of Myanmar violence - Aug 12, 2012
- Foreign ministers of Turkey, six Gulf nations meet - Jan 29, 2012
- UAE, Britain sign nuclear cooperation agreement - Nov 25, 2010
- UAE delivers aid for Libyan schools - Sep 02, 2012
- UAE, France discuss defence cooperation - Jul 12, 2012
- Mass wedding is national tradition, says UAE minister - Jun 28, 2012
- UAE president greets leaders on Eid - Aug 19, 2012
- UAE, Brazil seek closer trade ties - Feb 17, 2012
- UAE greets world leaders on New Year - Dec 29, 2011
Tags: abu dhabi, arab world, embassy in uae, emirates palace hotel, foreign affairs minister, foreign minister, grand duke of luxembourg, jean asselborn, prince guillaume, sheikh abdullah, snb, wam, zayed