Lucky to have come out of BMW crash relatively unscathed: MontgomerieOctober 22nd, 2010 - 6:06 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 22(ANI): Scottish golf legend Colin Montgomerie has admitted that he was “lucky” to escape serious injury when his car collided with a van near Cumbernauld in Scotland.
Montgomerie, captain of the winning European Ryder Cup team, was treated for minor injuries at the scene of the accident, despite his silver BMW 7 series being badly damaged.
“It was a terrible shock. I’m lucky to have come out of it relatively unscathed,” the Sun quoted Montgomerie, as saying.
“I was trapped, as the side of the car was compressed and the air bags were holding me back. But the passenger door suddenly opened and then I was pulled to safety, thanks to other drivers who had witnessed the accident,” he added.
Police said that the driver of the other vehicle, a delivery van, had been charged with road traffic offences. (ANI)
- Katie Price involved in car crash - Feb 19, 2011
- Women Kabaddi team's bus catches fire, two die - Nov 17, 2011
- Montgomerie fighting to save marriage after cheating wife - Jun 04, 2010
- Man City's Balotelli emerges unscathed after car mishap - Aug 29, 2010
- Prime Minister David Cameron Congratulates Europe On Ryder Cup Win - Oct 05, 2010
- Pavin brings in F-16 fighter pilot to motivate US golf team ahead of Ryder Cup - Sep 30, 2010
- Montgomerie welcomes Tiger Woods decision to play at Augusta Masters - Mar 18, 2010
- Thane official killed in road accident - Oct 19, 2010
- Seven killed in Chhattisarh road accident - Dec 14, 2010
- Two woman cops, three others killed in Rajasthan accidents - Jun 17, 2012
- Ballesteros' call inspirational for European golf team ahead of Ryder Cup: Montgomerie - Sep 30, 2010
- 12 die in Argentina vehicle collision - Apr 18, 2011
- 12 die in Pakistan accident - Apr 11, 2012
- Trucker whose texting caused woman's death jailed - Dec 12, 2011
- Jeev Milkha Singh to play in Macau Open - Sep 10, 2011
Tags: air bags, bmw, bmw 7 series, colin montgomerie, crash, cumbernauld, delivery van, european ryder cup, european ryder cup team, golf legend, london, minor injuries, road traffic offences, ryder cup, ryder cup team, scotland, scottish golf, shock, sun