LTTE to avenge Thamilselvan’s death with deeds and not wordsNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:22 am ICT by admin
LTTE’s threat comes just after its chief Velupillai Prabhakaran made a rare public appearance to mourn the death of Thamilselvan, who headed the rebel group’s political wing.
Thamilselvan, the public face of the rebels, was killed in a Sri Lankan air force raid on Thursday morning when he was attending a meeting in Kilinochchi.
Five others were also killed in the bombing raid.
LTTE’s police chief, P Nadesan, would now take over the additional post held by Thamilselvan. (ANI)
- A candid post-mortem of the LTTE (Book Review) - Jul 16, 2012
- Ahead of elections, pro-LTTE journal attacks Karunanidhi - Apr 11, 2011
- Top Tamil Tiger leader's office bombed: Sri Lankan military - Oct 03, 2008
- LTTE finance chief killed, troops seize fresh territory (Lead) - Mar 12, 2009
- So, the Tamil Tigers were mortals after all... (Comment) - May 25, 2009
- A year later, few in Sri Lanka mourn Prabhakaran - May 17, 2010
- India wanted LTTE 'put in its place': Norway report - Nov 11, 2011
- Sri Lanka refuses entry to Indian politicians - Feb 22, 2011
- May 21, 1991: The assassination that also killed Tamil Eelam (Comment) - May 22, 2011
- India has confirmation of Prabhakaran's death: Chidambaram - Feb 01, 2010
- Tamil Tigers' intelligence chief's hideout bombed: Sri Lanka (Lead) - Oct 04, 2008
- Indian MP refused entry into Sri Lanka - Feb 22, 2011
- A Sri Lankan Tamil who could have made a difference (Comment) - Nov 19, 2011
- AIADMK unhappy with PM over Sri Lanka (Lead) - Mar 14, 2012
- Yechuri wants 'justice' for Tamils - Mar 13, 2012