Love, forgiveness, friendship and family enabled Hillary Clinton to get over hubbys adulteryMarch 8th, 2009 - 12:56 pm ICT by ANI
Sydney, Mar 8 (ANI): Reflecting on her life in the public spotlight, US secretary of state Hillary Clinton said it was love, forgiveness, friendship and family that enabled her to get past her husband’’s adultery.
During an interview on a popular women’’s program on the Turkish channel, NTV, the former First Lady divulged when she fell in love and shared how she dealt with personal struggles.
“It’’s very hard to go out shopping and just enjoy yourself out with your friends; it’’s hard to go out to a restaurant and have just a meal with some people you want to talk to without being recognised,” The Sydney Morning Herald quoted her, as saying.
Interviewers asked Clinton to explain how she had dealt with bitter personal experiences, without mentioning a scandal involving Bill Clinton and a former White House intern Monica Lewinsky an affair that overshadowed his presidency in the late 1990s.
She said: “Oh, love! And forgiveness, and friendship, and family.
“You know, family, faith, friends are the core of my life and I don”t know anybody whose life is smooth sailing. If you meet such a person, I want to know them, because I”ve lived a long time and I have yet to meet that person.”
She added: “I sacrificed a lot of my privacy, which I regret, I wish I did not have to.”
The appearance on the show is part of Clinton’’s plan to reach out to ordinary people through public diplomacy efforts. (ANI)
- PBS to air documentary about Clinton Lewinsky affair - Feb 15, 2012
- I am lonely: Mumtaz (Interview) - Jul 30, 2012
- Lewinsky set to embarrass Clinton in tell-all book - Sep 19, 2012
- Hudson forgives family's killer - Sep 12, 2012
- White House Intern Molly Swenson American Idol Tryout - Jan 28, 2011
- Hillary Clinton excited about Obama trip to India - Oct 15, 2010
- Monica Lewinsky 'still in love with Bill Clinton' - Mar 11, 2011
- Divorce became a positive thing for Shania Twain - May 04, 2011
- Hillary Clinton's mother dies at 92 - Nov 01, 2011
- Bill Clinton documentary to be aired on PBS - Feb 20, 2012
- Iran's 'stoning to death' woman brought out for dinner with children following son's appeal - Jan 02, 2011
- Clinton ready to step off `high wire' of politics (Lead) - Jan 27, 2012
- Adele's dad begs for forgiveness - Jul 16, 2012
- It's daughter over gym for Pink - Jul 10, 2012
- Kim Kardashian still believes in love - Mar 23, 2012
Tags: 1990s, adultery, bill clinton, divulged, family faith, first lady, forgiveness, hillary clinton, interviewers, morning herald, ordinary people, personal experiences, personal struggles, presidency, public diplomacy, public spotlight, secretary of state, smooth sailing, sydney morning herald, us secretary of state