Loudonville, NY, crash caused by DWI driverFebruary 11th, 2010 - 5:47 am ICT by BNO News
LOUDONVILLE, NEW YORK (BNO NEWS) – An Albany, New York woman provoked a serious injury crash at a highway intersection in Loudonville on the first hours of Wednesday, the Loudonville Interstate Highway Patrol announced.
Karen Burt, 50, attempted to take the ramp for I-787 at 3:30 am. She was driving at an unsafe speed, according to police reports. The car struck a guiderail, traveled down a gully, struck another guiderail, went airborne for 40 feet and finally landed on a ravine.
Mrs. Burt suffered some internal injuries and was transported to Albany Medical Center. Her companion Robert Burt, 56, from Schenectady wasn’t injured.
When examined, Mrs. Burt was found to be unlicensed and medical reports revealed to have high levels of alcohol. She was later arrested for Driving While Intoxicated (DWI).
- Albany, NY elderly woman sentenced for driving into a daycare center while intoxicated and injuring a woman - May 07, 2010
- Drunken US men caught riding horse, donkey have DWI charges dropped - Jan 13, 2011
- Hawthorne, NY officers arrest man for driving drunk with children - Jan 19, 2010
- Oklahoma vehicle pursuit leads to a near head-on car crash with Missouri trooper - Apr 23, 2010
- US woman busted for running boob, booty silicone clinic inside home - Jan 15, 2011
- Two New Yorkers arrested for heroin and marijuana possession in Tarrytown - Feb 11, 2010
- Mel Gibson involved in car crash - Aug 17, 2010
- Drunk US man passes out on lawn mower after driving it to store for beer - Sep 21, 2010
- 8 killed, 18 injured in two Rajasthan accidents - May 11, 2012
- 16 killed, 21 injured in road accident in Tibet - Mar 15, 2011
- Mary Richardson Kennedy Arrested - May 22, 2010
- Woman sues Google for 'misleading' her on Google Maps! - Jun 01, 2010
- Alcohol-related traffic-risk behaviour worse at 21 years - Jun 01, 2010
- Albany, NY resident arrested for shooting at several people, including a child - Mar 09, 2010
- Aguilera arrested for public intoxication - Mar 02, 2011
Tags: albany medical center, albany new york, alcohol, bno, companion, crash, guiderail, gully, highway intersection, highway patrol, internal injuries, interstate highway, medical reports, new york woman, police reports, ramp, ravine, robert burt, schenectady