Lost cat reunites with owners after 4 yearsDecember 26th, 2010 - 3:37 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 26 (ANI): After being missing for more than four years, a cat has been reunited with its owners.
Colin, the black cat, disappeared in August 2006 from Peter and Maria O’Neill’s home in Garstang, Lancashire, reports the Daily Express.
The couple, who placed a missing advertisement in their local newspaper, eventually gave up hope and moved to Ingleby Barwick, Middlesbrough.
Last month, a resident of Garstang, who noticed a black cat hanging around her garden, contacted charity Cats Protection.
A vet scanned the cat for a microchip, which was traced to the O’Neills, who had updated their address.
“I couldn’t believe it when I got the call. It was really the best Christmas present I could have hoped for,” said Maria.
“I simply said his name and he instantly recognised me. He bounded up and stuck his head under my arm. It was a magical moment and it left me close to tears,” she added. (ANI)
- Lost cat found 278 miles from home after a year! - Jan 23, 2011
- Russia labour to beat Northern Ireland - Sep 08, 2012
- English club Sunderland sign striker Fletcher - Aug 25, 2012
- Gaga's former assistant sues her tour company - Dec 27, 2011
- Mum let off after car crash kills baby - Nov 26, 2011
- Never-before-seen photos of James Bond revealed after 50 yrs - Feb 12, 2011
- Stolen dog is found riding a bus - Nov 29, 2011
- Cat leaps though open window to avoid castration! - Jun 07, 2010
- Missing dog returns after five years - Nov 30, 2011
- Aston Villa star Milner eager to join Manchester City - Jul 23, 2010
- Cat reunited with owner - six years after vanishing! - Apr 10, 2010
- Sessegnon signs extension at Sunderland - Aug 31, 2012
- Sofia Vergara comes to the rescue of Ed O'NeillSofia Vergara Comes To The Rescue Of Ed O'Neill - Dec 10, 2010
- Bruce Norris wins Pulitzer Prize for 'Clybourne Park' - Apr 20, 2011
- Scientists say earth makeup differs from sun - Apr 02, 2012