Losing weight tops Brits’ New Year’s resolutions listDecember 29th, 2010 - 5:22 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 29 (ANI): A survey has found that almost two thirds of people in Britain have plans to make a New Year’s resolution, with losing weight top of the list.
49 percent vowed that they will exercise more, while 54 percent have admitted they will probably have broken their annual pledges by the end of January.
Next on the list of resolutions is 44 percent pledging to improve family finances, followed by eating more healthily, 35 percent, and looking for a new job, 16 percent.
A further 16 percent plan to take up a new hobby, 15 percent hope to spend more time with family and friends, and 14 percent want to stop smoking or at least cut down.
And 11 percent plan to reduce the amount of alcohol they drink.
Just under half of those who hope to make a financial New Year’s resolution say they want to reduce their outgoings, with 30 percent wanting to slash their debt and 28 percent hoping to save money towards a deposit for a home.
“Unsurprisingly, health, fitness and money matters are at the top of the list,” the Daily Star quoted John Miles, of gocompare.com, which carried out the poll, as saying. (ANI)
- For women, it's never too much of clothes for holidays - Jul 10, 2011
- Two mn pets left at home while Britons go to work - May 26, 2011
- Study: BMW drivers are UK's angriest motorists - Oct 15, 2010
- Women spend 16,000 pounds on shoes in lifetime - Jun 28, 2010
- Sarkozy pledges budget surplus if re-elected - Apr 06, 2012
- India to cut subsidies on non-urea fertilisers next fiscal - Mar 01, 2012
- 'Twenty Tens' popular nickname for the next decade: Survey - Dec 17, 2009
- 8 out of 10 Brit women remove price tags from new clothes to fool their partners - Aug 14, 2010
- Office workers spend 6 hours in a week surfing Internet - Nov 24, 2010
- For Brit ladies, the perfect man is handsome, clever, rich and funny! - Dec 27, 2010
- Kids in Greece ask Santa for jobs for parents - Dec 24, 2011
- Sensex crosses 17,000-mark, banking stocks lead (Second Lead) - Jan 24, 2012
- Britons uncomfortable with sex and money talk - Aug 20, 2012
- American Airlines may cut 13,000 jobs - Feb 02, 2012
- Europe agrees to 1 trillion euro fund for new bailout plan - Oct 27, 2011
Tags: alcohol, daily star, family and friends, family finances, health fitness, john miles, london, looking for a new job, losing weight, money matters, new year, outgoings, pledges, poll, resolutions, time with family, tops, two thirds