Lopez won’t testify in New York club shooting caseAugust 7th, 2008 - 12:30 am ICT by IANS
New York, Aug 6 (IANS) Singer-actress Jennifer Lopez will not be forced to testify in a lawsuit filed against her ex-boyfriend Sean Combs over his involvement in a 1999 New York club shooting case. The actress was dating the hip-hop mogul at the time of the incident, and was present at the now closed Club New York when shots were fired at the venue December 1999, injuring two people, reports Contactmusic.com
Combs’ rap protégé Jamal Barrow alias Shyne, is currently serving a 10-year jail term after he was found guilty of assault, reckless endangerment and gun possession in the trial.
Combs, who was also arrested for various charges, including weapons violations, was acquitted of all counts and is fighting a $130 million civil suit with Shyne, filed by victim Natania Reuben, who was shot in the face during the incident.
Lopez, who was not called as a witness in the 2001 criminal trial, was subpoenaed by Reuben’s attorneys in June 2008 and was due to give her deposition Tuesday.
Rebuben’s lawyer confirmed that Lopez had “nothing to contribute” to the case, and her deposition was cancelled indefinitely, reports TMZ.com.
Lopez split from Combs shortly after the trial.
- Rapper Shyne to be released from prison today after 10 years - Oct 07, 2009
- JLo plans concert film - Aug 21, 2012
- JLo, Anthony not to attend launch of clothing line - Aug 20, 2011
- Lopez couldn't bond with twins - May 08, 2012
- Lopez opens up about failed love life - Jul 06, 2010
- JLo likes sweet, good guys - Aug 15, 2012
- There's no sex tape: JLo - Jun 20, 2011
- Lopez cried onstage - Oct 24, 2011
- JLo likely to quit 'American Idol' - Jun 26, 2011
- Marie Combs files for divorce - Nov 13, 2011
- JLo, Diaz team up for new film - Jun 27, 2011
- Jennifer Lopez's stolen intimate tape recovered - Jun 10, 2011
- Wasted my life on ex-boyfriend: Gomez - Feb 02, 2012
- Lopez really beautiful, say Fonda - May 21, 2012
- Lopez to produce TV comedy series - Oct 02, 2010
Tags: actress jennifer lopez, alias, attorneys, civil suit, contactmusic, criminal trial, deposition, gun possession, hip hop mogul, jail term, jamal barrow, jennifer lopez, lawyer, natania, reckless endangerment, reuben, shyne, tmz, venue, witness