London tikka house leaves 49 ill with poisoned kebabsSeptember 23rd, 2009 - 1:42 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sep.23 (ANI): A kebab shop in West London was closed down on Tuesday night after 49 people, including children and old age pensioners, fell victim to food poisoning.
Eighteen were confirmed to have potentially fatal salmonella, The Sun reported.
Health chiefs launched an inquiry to find the source of the infection. Possible sufferers were urged to contact their general physicians.
Disease control expert Dr Yimmy Chow said: “Children, the elderly and those whose immune systems are not working properly have a greater risk of becoming very ill. (ANI)
- Food poisoning could have lifelong consequences - Mar 21, 2012
- Intestinal cells activate defence against salmonella bug - May 29, 2011
- Recall Of P & G Pet Food Expands To Specialty Products - Aug 07, 2010
- Alfalfa Sprout Recall Issued In All US States - May 23, 2010
- Salmonella alert over raw bean sprouts - Oct 08, 2010
- Salmonella biggest food-borne threat to US - Jun 08, 2011
- Symptoms Of Salmonella Being Scrupulously Studied By Anxious Citizens Of America - Aug 19, 2010
- Committee on Energy and Commerce requests documents related to salmonella outbreak and egg recall - Aug 24, 2010
- Scientists one step closer to finding cure for snail fever - Nov 08, 2010
- Farm animals new source of drug resistant superbugs - Sep 23, 2010
- Del Monte announce a cantaloupe recall - Mar 25, 2011
- Jimmy John's sprouts linked to salmonella outbreak - Dec 20, 2010
- Scientists close to finding meningococcal B shot - May 08, 2012
- Antibiotics ineffective against viral sinus infections - Mar 22, 2012
- Scientists unravel salmonella's 'dirty bag of tricks' - Feb 07, 2011