London taxis world’s best but costliest, says pollMay 28th, 2009 - 5:09 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 28 (ANI): London taxis are best in the world despite giving the worst value for money, reveals a new poll.
The survey, headed by Hotels.com, saw the participation of 1,400 European travellers, who were asked to rate taxi drivers on various factors, such as price, quality of driving and best knowledge of their area.
Of 40 cities rated, London bagged the top spot with 25 per cent saying the city had best drivers, while a reigning 33 per cent said it also had the friendliest taxi drivers in the world, reports the Scotsman.
Edinburgh came in second with 7 per cent votes along with being the second top city for quality of driving and fifth for friendliness, alongside Berlin and Sydney.
New York and Rome had the worst cabbies followed by Athens and Bangkok with 8 per cent.
Paris cabbies were dubbed the rudest while those in Bangkok were voted the least safe.
“A friendly, knowledgeable taxi driver can help form a positive first impression of a destination,” the Sun quoted Alison Couper of website hotels.com as saying.
- Italian food is now world's favourite - Jan 18, 2011
- Office workers' daydreaming peaks Tuesday - Sep 07, 2010
- Workers daydream about their next holiday on Tuesdays - Sep 07, 2010
- Coming soon: Google's taxi-driver software to guide you through jams! - Nov 10, 2010
- Coming soon: New taxi-driver software to guide you through jams! - Dec 17, 2010
- Coming soon: New taxi-driver software to guide you through jams! (Corrected) - Nov 23, 2010
- Coming soon: Microsoft's taxi-driver software to guide you through jams! - Dec 29, 2010
- Anushka, John have best bikini body in India: Poll - Jul 27, 2012
- Indians spend more on hotel stay than Europeans - Apr 13, 2011
- Britons top the European haggling league - Feb 06, 2009
- New York City's Cabbies In Trouble For Doubling Fare - Sep 23, 2010
- Pastas, pizzas new flavour of the world - Jan 19, 2011
- Britons claim having visited non-existing ancient wonders - Feb 05, 2012
- Indian origin taxi drivers in New Zealand say cameras won't stop all violence - Apr 01, 2010
- Londoners are rudest people in Britain: Poll - Mar 15, 2010
Tags: alison, athens, bangkok, berlin, cabbies, edinburgh, friendliness, hotels, london taxis, new poll, paris, participation, positive first impression, price quality, rome, scotsman, sydney, taxi driver, taxi drivers, travellers