London bomber twisted Belafonte’s `Banana Boat’ song to preach jihad to kidsNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:07 am ICT by admin
The lyrics of the 84-worded song went as follows:
“Come Mr. Taliban, come give me kuffir…my Kalasnikov. Come Mr. Taliban, come bomb England… before the daylight come, you wanna see Ten Downing Street.
Come Mr. Taliban, come implement Shariah. Come Mr. Taliban, come bomb England before the daylight come, Insh’Allah, it will be done.
Hey Mr. Taliban, come kill the dirty kuffir, get rid of the haram, because we want halal.
Hey Mr. Taliban, boom, boom, boom, come bomb England before the daylight come. Insh’Allah, it will be done.
Ahmet, a former preacher at Finsbury Park Mosque, has pleaded guilty to three counts of soliciting murder in connection with a case now being heard at Woolwich Crown Court.
Mohammed Hamid and four other men are on trial accused of links to a plot to conduct terrorist training camps in the UK. They deny the charges.
Hamid is accused of radicalising the July 21 bombers by brainwashing them on paint balling trips.
The four other men on trial are Mousa Brown, 41, of Walthamstow, North-East London; Kibley da Costa, 24, of West Norwood, South London; Kader Ahmed, 20, of Plaistow, East London; and Mohammed Al Figari, 43, of Tottenham, North London.
All the men deny all the charges.
In August 2006, Ahmet told Dawood that Hamid had stopped his Friday prayer meetings because “things were getting a bit hot”.
In September, the group convened at their usual meeting place, a Chinese restaurant in Borough, South London.
Hamid and Ahmet went outside to talk and when they returned, Ahmet told the group they had been rumbled by the police.
Moments later, officers burst in and arrested them. A search of their homes uncovered material glorifying suicide bombers and beheadings, the court heard.
The trial continues. (ANI)
- Failed Times Square bomber seen hugging TTP chief Hakeemullah in latest video - Jul 23, 2010
- Pak cricket team leaves for Caribbean tour - Apr 14, 2011
- Taliban vows to avenge US soldier's shooting - Mar 12, 2012
- Taliban chief met man who tried to bomb Times Square - Jul 23, 2010
- Taliban suicide bombers attack NATO base in Afghanistan - Jun 30, 2010
- European jihadis flock to Pakistan for terrorist training - Aug 03, 2010
- Britain to free 100 peisoners - Jun 13, 2011
- Taliban dismisses Afghan government's peace overtures ahead of London summit - Jan 28, 2010
- It's true, I will direct 'Dabangg' sequel: Arbaaz - Mar 03, 2011
- Muslim fanatic named 'Osama bin London' 'trained 21/7 bombers' - Nov 14, 2007
- Indians tweet their hearts out - Mar 31, 2011
- Pak acknowledges failed Times Square bomber met Taliban chief - Jul 26, 2010
- 'Osama Bin London' convicted by British court - Feb 26, 2008
- British court convicts terror trainer 'Osama Bin London' - Feb 26, 2008
- Taliban using kids as suicide bombers in Afghanistan - Jul 03, 2012
Tags: accused, ahmet, banana boat song, bomb, boom boom boom, england, hamid, hey mr taliban, insh allah, jihad, kalasnikov, mail, mohammed, north east london, paint balling, south london, tottenham, west norwood, woolwich