Lipstick, high heels ban upsets Malaysian womenJune 29th, 2008 - 2:31 pm ICT by ANI
Kuala Lumpur, June 29 (ANI): Malaysias Municipal Councils latest advisory on forsaking bright lipstick and noisy high heels is not going down well with the citys female sales promoters.
A survey by The Star revealed that many of them felt that the council had gone overboard with it ways to avoid rape and preserve womens dignity.
The circular advising women not to apply lipstick and wear leather high heels was distributed at premises licensed by the MPKB.
It was aimed at Muslim females working there.
While they said they accepted the wearing of tudung as part of the MPKB’s directive to women in retail outlets, they could not understand what the fuss was about lipstick and high heels.
I disagree. I do not think there is anything negative about women wearing high heels, Star Online quoted sales promoter Wan Noriana Wan Yaacob, as saying.
She said MPKB should then have to have a buy-back counter for high heel shoes if it was going to stop her from wearing it.
Norshuhaida Che Nasir, 19, a salesgirl at an outlet that sells lipstick, was outraged.
She said that at least natural colour lipstick should be allowed.
I actually agree with the negative side to putting on excessive make-up. It is like looking at a living corpse, she added. (ANI)
- Waitresses who wear red get more tips - Aug 04, 2012
- Shoes With Heels Of 9-Inches, Titled 'Sky Heel', To Emerge In The Market Soon - Nov 16, 2010
- Life-size cutouts of hot Czech female cops double the amount of accidents - Dec 15, 2010
- Students should not be forced to wear headscarf: Malaysian Deputy Prime Minister - Aug 29, 2010
- High heels could be bad for your health - Jan 28, 2012
- Oz women suffer more injuries wearing stilettos than playing sport - Apr 17, 2011
- Men don't even notice women in high heels - Sep 22, 2010
- Heels are pleasure with pain: Louboutin - Apr 18, 2012
- High heels injure over 3 million women - Nov 07, 2010
- Stores shove LiLo's fashion line 6126 off their shelves - Feb 12, 2011
- Lohan poses with lawyer at photo shoot - Jul 20, 2012
- Red lipstick making comeback as morale booster! - Feb 06, 2010
- Romanian minister slammed for gifting high-heeled shoes to flood victims - Jul 14, 2010
- Malayala Manorama group executive editor elected WAN-IFRA president - Apr 09, 2011
- British women shortest in Europe, wear highest heels - Jul 20, 2012
Tags: corpse, dignity, females, high heel shoes, june 29, kuala lumpur, lipstick, malaysian women, mpkb, municipal councils, muslim, nasir, natural colour, premises, rape, retail outlets, sales promoter, sales promoters, tudung, women wearing high heels