Lincoln’s favorite dish was Chicken FricasseeFebruary 17th, 2009 - 2:15 pm ICT by Amrit Rashmisrisethi
This year the American’s celebrated Abraham Lincoln, their 16th President’s 200th birthday. Lincoln, born February 12, 1809, among the most admired and consequential American leaders and some place him at the top of the list. Lincoln’s Emancipation Proclamation put an end to slavery in the United States and his leadership through the Civil War kept the union intact.
In celebration of Presidents Day, the original Emancipation Proclamation will be displayed in the National Archives East Rotunda Gallery, the admission was free to the public, only for a day.
Lincoln hardly ate breakfast and his wife, Mary Todd Lincoln, forced him to eat lunch, often bringing a tray of food into the president’s office. His favorite food of all time was Chicken Fricassee, which was a simple dish made with sautéed chicken and vegetables.
Abraham Lincoln loved desserts, since his childhood. Anything with fine white sugar sprinkled on top, and cakes and pies laced with molasses or honey found favor on his palate, his wife often baked him Vanilla Almond Cake.
- 'Lincoln tried to deport slaves to British colonies' - Feb 12, 2011
- Mark Owen shows off cooking skills - Oct 28, 2011
- Abraham Lincoln wanted to deport slaves to British colonies, reveals book - Feb 12, 2011
- Abraham Lincoln's 200th Birthday - Feb 11, 2009
- Lincoln urged Britain to help set up colony for freed slaves - Mar 06, 2011
- Newly resurfaced letter brings the question of Abraham Linclon's faith to the fore - Apr 17, 2011
- 'Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter' bad adaptation of good novel (Movie Review) - Jul 13, 2012
- Indian Christmas with desi fusion fare - Dec 23, 2011
- Discovery: Donner Party's member James Reed had a Lincoln document - Jul 21, 2010
- Donner Party Documents Found With Lincoln's Handwriting - Jul 21, 2010
- White House blunder over Oval Office rug quote - Sep 06, 2010
- Rachael Ray: Paula Deen Introduces Grandson, Cooks Dinner - Oct 18, 2011
- Original basketball rules fetch $4.3m at auction - Dec 12, 2010
- Donner Party Member James Reed Carried Abraham Lincoln's Document - Jul 21, 2010
- This Easter, savour a variety of flavours - Apr 05, 2012
Tags: 16th president, abraham lincoln, almond cake, american leaders, chicken fricassee, desserts, emancipation proclamation, favorite dish, favorite food, february 12 1809, mary todd lincoln, molasses, national archives, palate, presidents day, rotunda gallery, slavery in the united states, vanilla almond, white sugar, wife mary