Lightning kills three in MaharashtraMay 10th, 2012 - 11:47 pm ICT by IANS
Beed (Maharashtra), May 10 (IANS) Three members of a family were killed Thursday after they were struck by lightning in a village in Maharashtra’s Beed district, police said.
“The victims were outside a hut in their farm in Polgaon village, when a huge cloud covered the sky. They were killed immediately after the lightning struck on them,” said an official from Chakhlamba Police Station, under whose jurisdiction the village is located.
Those killed have been identified as Muktiram Maruti Madne, 55, his wife Rukhnil, 50 and their daughter-in-law Anita Abba Madne, 19, who was married only one and a half months ago.
Polgaon is around 30 kms from the district headquarters of Beed and around 450 km from Mumbai.
- Woman killed as lightning strikes UP village - Aug 31, 2012
- Three killed by lightning in Jharkhand - May 27, 2011
- Maharashtra doctor couple in police custody till June 30 - Jun 18, 2012
- Charges filed against Maharashtra doctor couple - Sep 12, 2012
- Lightning kills 14 in Bihar villages - Jul 12, 2012
- Female foeticide: Maharashtra doctor in police custody - Jun 03, 2012
- Lightning kills two in Lucknow - Jul 05, 2012
- Four children drown in Godavari river - May 16, 2010
- Lightning claims eight lives in Jharkhand - Aug 25, 2010
- Lightning kills four in Bangladesh - May 31, 2012
- Two killed, 11 injured in lightning strike in Chhattisgarh - Sep 21, 2012
- Lightning kills seven in Maharashtra - Jun 27, 2010
- Lightening kills four in UP - Apr 06, 2012
- Lightning kills 6 in Howrah district - Apr 29, 2012
- 10 killed as bus falls in stepwell in Maharashtra - Jun 30, 2011