Life spotted on Venus: Russian scientistJanuary 21st, 2012 - 11:43 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, Jan 21 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Several objects resembling living beings were detected on photographs taken by a Russian landing probe in 1982 during a Venus mission, says an article published in the Solar System Research magazine.
Leonid Ksanfomaliti of the Space Research Institute of Russia’s Academy of Sciences published a research that analysed the photographs from the Venus mission made by a Soviet landing probe, Venus-13, in 1982.
The photographs feature several objects, which Ksanfomaliti said, resembled a “disk”, a “black flap” and a “scorpion”.
All of them “emerge, fluctuate and disappear”, the scientist said, referring to their changing location on different photographs and traces on the ground.
“What if we forget about the current theories about the non-existence of life on Venus, let’s boldly suggest that the objects’ morphological features would allow us to say that they are living,” the magazine quoted Ksanfomaliti as saying.
No data proving the existence of life on Venus, where the ground temperature is 464 degrees Celsius, has ever been found.
- Putin spy posters put up in Moscow - Jul 15, 2011
- Experts may reach bottom of Antarctic lake in 2014 - Feb 09, 2012
- Giant ocean found on Saturn's moon - Jun 30, 2012
- Russian scientist gets award for comet discovery - Jun 08, 2012
- Moscow to mark Colombian poet's birth anniversary - Apr 25, 2012
- Russia calls for probe into Syrian massacre - May 30, 2012
- Russia, Europe plan joint mission to Jupiter - Dec 21, 2011
- NASA's Messenger fetches first orbital photo of Mercury - Mar 30, 2011
- Blast kills six in Russia - Aug 24, 2011
- Solar storm gains strength - Mar 10, 2012
- Putin's birthday triggers Twitter flash mob - Oct 08, 2011
- Russia needs fair elections: Gorbachev - Sep 22, 2011
- Unai Emery signs two-year Spartak deal - Jun 11, 2012
- UN extends Iraq mission mandate - Jul 26, 2012
- New crew to ISS to conduct 43 scientific experiments - May 24, 2011
Tags: academy of sciences, existence, flap, ground temperature, jan 21, leonid, life on venus, morphological features, moscow, photographs, ria novosti, russia, russian scientist, scorpion, solar system research, space research institute, traces, venus mission