Life in White House remains fairly private: Michelle ObamaMay 5th, 2011 - 11:36 am ICT by ANI
Washington, May 5 (ANI): US First Lady Michelle Obama has said life in the People’s House ‘remains fairly private’ even though there are hundreds of people coming in and out of the White House each day.
“We can have a house full of people, we can have 30,000 people on the lawn, and there’s still a way for us to enter our private space,” the Politico quoted her as telling Martha Stewart in a Mother’s Day special set to air Sunday.
“I equate it to living in an apartment building. You come in the lobby and there’s a bustle of people down there, your neighbors that you know. And then you get on your elevator and go to your apartment and you’re home,” she added.
Michelle told Stewart that life in the White House is ‘the same kind of routine we had when we lived in Chicago’.
“I mean, the kids get up, they have to get ready for school, they have homework, they have activities and play dates. And we’re like any couple where, even in the midst of all this, we schedule our kids’ activities first,” she said.
“Their calendars are laid out first, and then a lot of what I do - I mean, the president doesn’t have as much flexibility - gets scheduled around that. So I spend weekends on soccer fields and taking kids to ice cream [and] there are little girls sleeping over,” she added. (ANI)
- Helen Mirren based new film character on Martha Stewart - Oct 07, 2010
- Michelle Obama admits she's a "lover" of french fries - Sep 14, 2010
- Michelle Obama defends 'fattening' White House Super Bowl party menu - Feb 09, 2011
- Michelle Obama to campaign for husband in 2012 presidential polls - Jan 29, 2011
- Obama family to begin their 6th holiday of the year - Aug 19, 2010
- Obama's daughters find him embarrassing - Jan 14, 2012
- Barack talks me through stressful time: Michelle Obama - Apr 08, 2010
- Michelle Obama says she thinks about military families when she's down - Jan 27, 2011
- Full prepared remarks of President Obama's "Back-to-School" Speech - Sep 15, 2010
- Clinton and I are buddies, says George W. Bush - Nov 15, 2010
- Rod Stewart still 'regrets' giving daughter up for adoption - Nov 01, 2010
- Elle Macpherson embarrasses her son - Jul 02, 2012
- Indian American actor Kal Penn to host Obama nomination meet - Sep 04, 2012
- Pattinson, Stewart not on talking terms - Jul 30, 2012
- Nobody's more qualified for White House multitasking than "a woman, a mom": Palin - Feb 18, 2011
Tags: apartment building, bustle, calendars, elevator, first lady, flexibility, homework, kids activities, little girls, martha stewart, michelle obama, midst, neighbors, private space, soccer fields, white house