Libyan children ‘congratulate’ royal couple in a bizarre wayMay 1st, 2011 - 2:35 pm ICT by ANI
Tripoli, May 1 (ANI): Four young Libyan children have ‘congratulated’ Prince William and Kate Middleton on their marriage in a bizarre news conference in Tripoli.
According to the Sky News, children, aged between four and 13, were holding a poster with the photo of the royal couple on the Buckingham Palace balcony.
The photo was doctored to include images of war in the background. Red ink was added to depict blood dripping from the hands of Prince William.
There were also photos of various politicians at the bottom of the poster including British Foreign Secretary William Hague, US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and the Qatari Prime Minister.
A statement was read out by the eldest child, a 13-year-old girl.
“To the Duke of Cambridge - Kate Middleton. Under the heavy NATO airstrikes, we congratulate you on behalf of the Libyan children for your best day and your wedding to the successor of the throne of the UK,” said the statement.
“Under the heavy airstrikes we are not able to follow the details of your news but we know today is your big day. And the reason we are not following you, as children of Libya, is because of the heavy airstrikes,” it added.
Government officials claimed the poster had been drawn spontaneously by the children. (ANI)
- ISS astronauts congratulate British royal couple - Apr 29, 2011
- William wants Kate to be called 'princess' - May 01, 2011
- Kate Middleton wears red Alexander McQueen dress for Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations - Jun 04, 2012
- Official wedding pics hint Will-Kat's future will be happier than Charles and Diana's - May 01, 2011
- William and Kate to be Duke and Duchess of Cambridge post wedding - Apr 29, 2011
- UK royals urged to back gay marriages - Apr 25, 2011
- Britain expels Libyan envoy - May 02, 2011
- Wills, Kate's 'balcony kiss' key wedding moment! - Jan 06, 2011
- White House congratulates British royal couple - Apr 30, 2011
- Reese Witherspoon changed her dress 6 times before meeting Kate Middleton - Feb 20, 2012
- Kate's first-born could inherit British throne - Apr 16, 2011
- Pippa Middleton's post royal wedding party plans scare palace aides - Apr 28, 2011
- William and Kate to be Duke and Duchess of Cambridge - Apr 29, 2011
- Hindus urge Prince William, Kate to visit Hindu temple after wedding to seek blessings - Nov 17, 2010
- Prince William's in-laws offer 'adult' outfits online - Jan 23, 2012
Tags: bizarre news, buckingham palace, duke of cambridge, eldest child, hillary clinton, images of war, kate middleton, libyan children, nato airstrikes, prince william, prince william and kate, prince william and kate middleton, qatari, red ink, royal couple, secretary william, sky news, us secretary of state, william and kate, william hague