Libya to honour Russian contractsNovember 2nd, 2011 - 2:38 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, Nov 2 (IANS/RIA Novosti) The Libyan government recognises all the business contracts signed with Russia as well as all international political agreements, Libya’s new Prime Minister Abdel-Rahim al-Keeb said Tuesday.
The National Transitional Council, Libya’s interim government, elected Keeb, an electronics engineer from Tripoli, as prime minister Monday.
“We respect all contracts signed with Russia and other countries,” he said in an interview with the newspaper Moskovskie Novosti.
“We are simply duty bound to do that. We also recognise all the previous international political agreements.”
He underscored that economic contracts will only be deemed unlawful if they involved graft or corruption schemes.
“The Libyan people cannot shoulder such expenses as well. We know that there were contracts with the old regime where kickbacks account for up to 40 percent and even half the sum in question,” he said.
“I’m sure that this approach is unacceptable to the Russians, too.”
- Libyan interim PM assures fair trial of Gaddafi's son (Lead) - Nov 20, 2011
- Libyan rebels council seeks Arab League recognition - Mar 12, 2011
- Russia lifts embargo on arms supplies to Libya - May 08, 2012
- Egypt to extradite Gaddafi supporters - Mar 16, 2012
- Moscow to use 'practical measures' for resolving Libyan crisis - Jun 10, 2011
- Gaddafi warns of ending cooperation with EU - Mar 11, 2011
- Russia to ensure its two nationals' return from Libya - May 01, 2012
- US, France, Britain want Russia to mediate in Libya: Kremlin - May 27, 2011
- Libya, Iraq want to buy Russian arms: Minister - Apr 24, 2012
- Libya's rebel leader wants 'fair trial' for Gaddafi - Aug 23, 2011
- Libya seeks Moscow's role in peaceful settlement to conflict - Apr 25, 2011
- NATO air strikes in Tripoli kill 19 civilians: Libyan TV - May 25, 2011
- Gaddafi told endgame is near: Medvedev's envoy to Africa - Jun 14, 2011
- No instructions for UNSC meet on Libya: Medvedev's aide - Apr 27, 2011
- Russian presidential envoy ready to meet Gaddafi - Jun 08, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,