LG Electronics launches new flagship smartphoneSeptember 18th, 2012 - 3:02 pm ICT by IANS
Seoul, Sep 18 (IANS) LG Electronics, South Korea’s No.2 mobile phone-maker, launched Tuesday its newest flagship smartphone ‘Optimus G’ to better compete with Samsung Electronics’ Galaxy devices and Apple’s iPhone series.
“The Optimus G is a ground-breaking premium device not only in the history of LG but also in the smartphone industry,” Park Jone-seok, president of LG Electronics mobile communications division, said in its launch event held in central Seoul, reported Xinhua.
“With the Optimus G, users will be able to experience unsurpassed UX features that will allow them to perform tasks that really enhance their daily lives.”
The Android-running smartphone stood out with its unique user experience (UX) feature, that is, a ‘cross-tasking’ activity, according to LG. If multi-taking applies to running various applications at the same time, cross-taking applies to complex tasks that can be completed simultaneously without having to compromise other tasks.
The Optimus G features QSlide Function that shows two different screens simultaneously on one display. With this function, users can send a message or search the web while watching a video. For example, if a user gets a text message while watching dramas, the message would be seen in the other translucent screen. The degree of screen clearness can be adjusted with a slide button.
The Live Zooming feature enables users to zoom in up to five times while the video is being streamed for a close-up, and Cheese Shutter allows users to snap a photo with voice command like saying cheese and smile.
The Optimus G will go on sale in South Korea starting next week followed by key global markets in October.
- Capture, watch 3D visuals on LG phone - minus the glasses - Feb 15, 2011
- Samsung unveils new Galaxy smartphone - May 04, 2012
- Smartphone users hit 20 mn mark in South Korea - Oct 31, 2011
- Smartphone makers try to outdo each other at MWC - Feb 27, 2012
- LG Projector Phone To Be Launched By AT&T - Dec 12, 2009
- LG is leader in Mexico's 3D TV market - Feb 09, 2012
- Motorola launches 'Milestone' in India - Mar 29, 2010
- Now test LG's products at its demonstration zones - Jul 28, 2011
- LG Projector Phone GW 820 Now Available At AT&T - Dec 16, 2009
- Droid Bionic From Motorola Shown At CES 2011 - Jan 06, 2011
Tags: android, central seoul, clearness, communications division, flagship, global markets, industry park, iphone, launch event, lg electronics, mobile communications, mobile phone maker, samsung electronics, search the web, slide button, south korea, text message, user experience, voice command, xinhua