Leopard caught on camera while taking a relaxing dip in spa hot tubJuly 9th, 2009 - 5:19 pm ICT by ANI
London, July 9 (ANI): It seems that leopards too believe in beauty treatments, for a wild big cat was recently caught on camera taking a break from her cubs with a relaxing dip in an outdoor spa hot tub.
She even found time for a rest on a lounger after her wash.
In the picture, the big cat can be seen creeping onto the balcony of a cabin in Tintswalo Safari Lodge, in South Africa.
Guests stood at a safe distance and watched the leopard, capable of killing a buffalo, slip into the warm bubbling water at dusk.
The big cat took her dip outside the lodges spa centre, usually frequented by human visitors for pampering and beauty treatments.
“We were all watching from a safe distance because this was a wild big cat, it was absolutely amazing to watch her take a bath just like one of us,” the Telegraph quoted Mike Clarke, from Tintswalo Safari Lodge, which lies on the edge of the Kruger National Park, as saying.
“We have had a few leopard mothers who stay close to the lodges because of the safety of it when they have cubs.
“This mum must have decided it was time for some time to herself and decided to come over to the spa.
“She acted just like a person might do after a hard day at work or with the kids.
“After she had relaxed and decided she was clean enough, she simply got up and made her back into the bush, it was incredible,” he added.
Clarke, who helps run the 5,000-a-night lodge, revealed that the cat was caught on camera just three weeks ago by staff at the park.
“We offer everything you could imagine at the park, but nowadays we are getting leopards, lions, buffalo and even herds of elephants coming through, it’s a very special experience,” he said.
“Obviously we make sure all the guests are safe because these are still wild animals and our wardens make sure everyone is aware of what’s going on,” he added. (ANI)
- Three tiger cubs spotted in Ranthambore - Jun 29, 2012
- Sariska to get two Ranthambore tiger cubs - Jul 29, 2011
- Panna has a new resident - Kanha's orphan tigress - Nov 13, 2011
- Tiger cubs found in Tripura - Apr 09, 2011
- Two tiger cubs spotted at Ranthambore National Park - Apr 25, 2011
- Assam forest ranger rescues leopard, gets injured - Jul 26, 2011
- Sariska tigers feature in BBC series (With Images) - Feb 02, 2012
- Odisha releases captured leopard after protests - Aug 08, 2012
- Leopard enters Hema Malini bungalow, vanishes (Third Lead) - May 27, 2011
- Leopard enters Hema Malini's bungalow, vanishes (Second Lead) - May 27, 2011
- Kanha tigress finds new home in Panna forest - Mar 27, 2011
- Odisha to release captured leopard into wild - Aug 07, 2012
- The white ghost of the Himalayas: A vision in the snow (Feature) - Mar 11, 2012
- Hema Malini to take up the cause of leopards - Jun 20, 2011
- Tigress gives birth to one cub - Nov 21, 2011
Tags: balcony, beauty treatments, big cat, bubbling water, cubs, dusk, elephants, herds, human visitors, kruger national park, leopards, mike clarke, outdoor spa, safari lodge, safe distance, spa centre, spa hot tub, tub london, wardens, wild animals