Lebanon arrests three ‘Israeli spies’May 9th, 2009 - 3:03 am ICT by IANS
Beirut, May 9 (DPA) Lebanese security authorities have arrested three members of the same family on suspicion of spying for Israel, a Lebanese security source said Friday.
“A man, his wife and his brother were seized from their home in the town of Ghaziyeh, near the southern port of Sidon … Friday,” the source said.
The source said the arrests were based on information extracted from a retired Lebanese general charged with spying for Israel last month.
So far, 19 people have been arrested on suspicion of spying for Israel since January.
Last month, a former brigadier general and his wife were arrested, and accused of sending classified information to the Israeli intelligence organisation Mossad.
Israel officials have so far refused to comment on such spying allegations.
- 22 Azerbaijanis suspected of spying for Iran held - Mar 15, 2012
- Lebanese spying for Israel sentenced to death - Aug 18, 2010
- Man held for spying near Ahmadinejad's helicopter - May 29, 2012
- Four killed as Israel, Lebanon exchange fire (Second lead) - Aug 04, 2010
- Iran arrests all suspects in nuke scientists' killings - Jun 29, 2012
- UN force holds talks with Lebanese and Israeli armies - Aug 05, 2010
- Dubai police call on Interpol to help arrest Mossad head for Hamas commander murder - Feb 19, 2010
- Two Lebanese soldiers killed in Israel-Lebanon clash (Lead) - Aug 03, 2010
- Israeli embassy car targetted in Delhi, four injured in blast (Roundup) - Feb 13, 2012
- CIA spy arrested in Iran? - Dec 17, 2011
- Hezbollah chief praises Israeli border clash as 'heroic' - Aug 04, 2010
- Iran sentences 13 for spying for Israel: TV - May 14, 2012
- Syria was shocked at top Hezbollah operative's assassination two yrs back: Wikileaks - Dec 08, 2010
- Saudi Arabia captures 'Israeli spy' vulture - Jan 05, 2011
- Israel builds wall on Lebanese border - Apr 30, 2012
Tags: allegations, beirut, brigadier general, brother, classified information, dpa, ghaziyeh, information extracted from, intelligence organisation, israel, israeli intelligence, israeli spies, lebanese security, lebanon, mossad, security authorities, security source, sidon, suspicion