Lebanon accuses Israel of violating its borderJune 20th, 2009 - 3:18 am ICT by IANS
Beirut, June 20 (DPA) The Lebanese Army Friday accused Israel of violating the Lebanese border by establishing an observation post in a restricted area on the outskirts of the Kfarshouba hills.
“In clear violation of a restricted area of Lebanese territory, and in an attempt to impose a new reality on the ground, the Israeli enemy Wednesday set up an observation post at the edge of Kfarshouba and a military position overlooking Baathaeel pond,” a Lebanese army statement said.
“Given this provocative stance, Lebanese army units deployed in the region ran patrols along the border,” it added.
The army said it was following up on the violation with the leadership of the UN Interim Force in Southern Lebanon (UNIFIL) “to deal with this urgent situation”.
- Four killed as Israel, Lebanon exchange fire (Second lead) - Aug 04, 2010
- UN force holds talks with Lebanese and Israeli armies - Aug 05, 2010
- Security Council renews mandate of UNIFIL - Aug 31, 2010
- Isreali army fires on Lebanese soldiers: Report - Sep 21, 2010
- Israel builds wall on Lebanese border - Apr 30, 2012
- UN to discuss Israel-Lebanon border incident - Aug 05, 2010
- Turkish PM says they will not remain silent if Israel attacks Lebanon - Nov 26, 2010
- UN extends peacekeeping mission in Lebanon - Aug 31, 2012
- Hezbollah chief praises Israeli border clash as 'heroic' - Aug 04, 2010
- More UN patrols after rockets found near Israel border - Dec 26, 2008
- Ship sinks off Lebanon - Dec 18, 2009
- Army, UN forces find explosives in south Lebanon - Dec 27, 2009
- Lebanese Army fires at Israeli jets flying over Lebanon - Dec 30, 2009
- UN pressing Israel to withdraw from southern Lebanon - May 05, 2009
- Israel, Lebanon exchange fire on border - Aug 03, 2010
Tags: army statement, army units, beirut, interim force, israel, leadership, lebanese army, lebanese border, lebanese territory, military position, new reality, observation post, outskirts, restricted area, southern lebanon, unifil, urgent situation