Leave weapons out of Lebanon’s internal disputes: HezbollahMay 27th, 2008 - 12:11 pm ICT by admin
Beirut, May 27 (Xinhua) Hezbollah chief Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah has said that his group will not use weapons in Lebanon’s internal disputes. “The resistance weapons are directed towards the enemy,” Nasrallah said Monday.
In a warning to the Lebanese leaders who are calling for disarming Hezbollah, Nasrallah said “the arms of the state should not be used against any opposition party or for external projects that weakens Lebanon”, making it more clear by saying that “the state arms should not target the resistance forces and its arms”.
In the speech which covered all regional hot spots, Nasrallah said: “Any coming war on Lebanon by the US or Israel we will fought the same way we fought the July war”, referring to the conflict between Israel and Hezbollah in the summer of 2006.
Nasrallah said electing Gen. Michel Suleiman as president renewed hope of the Lebanese people, adding that Lebanon’s victory was in forming a national unity government.
Lebanese parliament Sunday approved Michel Suleiman as new president for the country after the ruling majority and the opposition reached a deal in Doha last Wednesday, which came after the long political crisis in the country turned violent earlier this month.
- Hezbollah denies having chemical weapons - Sep 05, 2012
- Hezbollah chief praises Israeli border clash as 'heroic' - Aug 04, 2010
- Hezbollah chief says US role is diminishing in the region - Dec 01, 2009
- Israel on alert for Syrian weapons - Jul 19, 2012
- Hezbollah says ready for another war with Israel - Nov 12, 2010
- US imposes sanctions on Hezbollah leaders - Sep 14, 2012
- Nasrallah vows to defeat Israel if a new war erupts - Jan 16, 2010
- Assange interviews Hezbollah chief on Russian channel - Apr 18, 2012
- Lebanese spying for Israel sentenced to death - Aug 18, 2010
- rael should not panic over a Hezbollah run Lebanon: Experts - Jan 25, 2011
- Israel should not panic over a Hezbollah run Lebanon: Experts - Jan 25, 2011
- Lebanese Shias mourning death of leader Fadlallah (Lead) - Jul 04, 2010
- Thousands attend funeral of Hezbollah leader - Jul 07, 2010
- Four killed as Israel, Lebanon exchange fire (Second lead) - Aug 04, 2010
- Police guarding Lebanese envoy's house in Syria killed - Sep 05, 2012
Tags: beirut, coming war, conflict, external projects, hezbollah, hot spots, internal disputes, lebanese leaders, lebanese parliament, lebanon, national unity government, new president, opposition party, parliament, political crisis, resistance forces, sayyed hassan nasrallah, suleiman, weapons, xinhua