Leave cancelled for Uttar Pradesh police personnelJuly 27th, 2008 - 4:19 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, July 27 (IANS) A high alert has been sounded in Uttar Pradesh following the bomb blasts in Bangalore and Ahmedabad and leave of all police personnel has been cancelled, officials said Sunday. Principal Secretary (Home) Mahesh Gupta and Director General of Police Vikram Singh interacted with officials of all districts through video conferencing Saturday night and passed the instructions.
“The officials have been directed to intensify patrolling and search operations,” Additional Director General of Police Brijlal told IANS.
Senior police officials of Faizabad, Agra, Gorakhpur, Chitrakoot, Mathura and Varanasi districts have been specially instructed to keep a watch on possible suspects, he added.
- Alert sounded in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 02, 2012
- Shifting of officials continues in UP - Mar 31, 2012
- SP's poll sop sparks law and order scare - Mar 13, 2012
- Cabinet meet postponed over Ayodhya verdict - Sep 29, 2010
- Two dead, curfew in riot-hit Mathura district (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jun 02, 2012
- Ayodhya verdict: Government extends ban on bulk SMSes, MMSes till Friday - Sep 30, 2010
- High alert in Uttar Pradesh, leave of cops cancelled (Lead) - Nov 27, 2008
- High alert in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 07, 2011
- Verdict on Ayodhya title suit today - Sep 30, 2010
- Security beefed up in Uttar Pradesh for Barawafat festival - Feb 15, 2011
- Monsoon enters Uttar Pradesh, to remain normal - Jun 18, 2011
- IPS officers reshuffled in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 20, 2012
- Security alert across India on Babri demolition anniversary - Dec 05, 2010
- Rains lash Uttar Pradesh, Yamuna fills up - Aug 06, 2011
- Hindus celebrate Maha Shivratri - Mar 02, 2011
Tags: agra, ahmedabad, bangalore, bomb blasts, director general, gupta, mahesh, mathura, patrolling, police officials, possible suspects, principal secretary, saturday night, search operations, varanasi, video conferencing, vikram singh