Leaflets found with threats against British PM, queenJuly 7th, 2012 - 6:55 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 7 (IANS) Leaflets found by British police - during an operation in which seven men were held for terrorism offences - contained threats against Prime Minister David Cameron and Queen Elizabeth, a media report said.
The seven terror suspects were held after guns, explosives and pamphlets were found in a car in West Midlands, The Sun reported.
The daily said the arms cache was “discovered by chance” after two Asian men were routinely pulled over by traffic police.
The men had no car insurance and the vehicle was impounded. It was then searched, and a shotgun, ammunition and explosives were found.
Police also found A4 size leaflets that allegedly included threats against Cameron, the queen and “any enemy of Allah”.
The daily said police “stumbled on this group… they weren’t looking for them”.
“Counter-terrorism officers are celebrating their success. Yet the reality is they had a very lucky break,” it said.
The Sun said police planned not to tell locals of the arrests, as it “could give the impression the authorities were not in control” ahead of the Olympics.
- Seven more held in Britain for terror offences - Jul 06, 2012
- Four held in Britain on terrorism charges - Nov 15, 2011
- Over 5,000 dacoits held in Karachi in 2012 - Jul 22, 2012
- Seven arrested in anti-terrorism raid in Britain - Sep 19, 2011
- Maoists torture, kill two Home Guards (Lead) - Feb 26, 2012
- Men drivers twice as likely to crash as women: Survey - Apr 18, 2011
- Security beefed up in Ranchi after blast threat - Sep 22, 2011
- Anti-tank rifle seized from Russian man's home - Aug 03, 2012
- Maoists torture and kill two cops at public court - Feb 26, 2012
- Courage, war & Allah on bookshelf (IANS Books this Week) - Jun 09, 2012
- 12 arrested in major UK anti-terror swoop - Dec 20, 2010
- Gaddafi's chemical weapons found - Nov 15, 2011
- Maoist hideout busted, explosives seized in Bengal - Apr 01, 2011
- London terror plots: Six held, bus emptied on highway (Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- Lahore police nabs Ahmedi mosques attack masterminds, 17 other terrorists - Jul 03, 2010
Tags: allah, asian men, british police, car insurance, david cameron, explosives, guns, leaflets, locals, lucky break, minister david, olympics, pamphlets, prime minister, queen elizabeth, seven men, shotgun ammunition, terror suspects, traffic police, west midlands