Leading designer bashes Michelle Obama’s style senseApril 24th, 2009 - 4:36 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 24 (ANI): The designer who has dressed the wives of US presidents from Mamie Eisenhower to Laura Bush believes that the newest Fist Lady Michelle Obama’s dressing sense is not up to the mark.
Arnold Scaasi tells US fashion bible Women’s Wear Daily: “She’s great-looking, she has a great personality and she’s obviously very bright, but something is amiss.”
His criticism stems from the fact that Mrs Obama wore a cardigan when she met The Queen during the G20 summit earlier this month.
“It should have been a jacket,” The Sun quoted him, as saying.
Scaasi has written several books, the most recent entitled, Women I Have Dressed (and Undressed). (ANI)
- Michelle Obama sports a $6,800 jacket - Jul 30, 2012
- Michelle Obama enjoys her day out at White House State banquet - Nov 25, 2009
- Michelle Obama wears $10 T-shirt to lunch with ex First Lady Nancy Reagan - Jun 06, 2009
- Michelle Obama turns Catwoman for Halloween - Nov 02, 2009
- Cristian Ronaldo's girlfriend Irina goes high fashion in Spain - Oct 25, 2010
- Michelle Obama's favourite designer shuts shop - May 01, 2010
- After royal wedding, Will-Kat partied till early hours (Lead) - Apr 30, 2011
- Obama, Hillary Clinton again top most admired list - Dec 28, 2011
- Bring Michelle Obama home with designer pillow covers! - Nov 04, 2010
- Michelle Obama donates inaugural gown to educational facility Smithsonian - Mar 10, 2010
- Michelle Obama dons Halston to celeb-studded White House Correspondents' Dinner - May 01, 2011
- Michelle Obama pips Carla Bruni to top Elle's style list - Nov 28, 2009
- Kate Middleton's Reiss dress being offered on eBay - May 27, 2011
- Michelle Obama's dinner gown, made in India by an Indian - Nov 25, 2009
- Nicole Richie obsessed with blazers - Jan 17, 2012