Leading ad executive wrote Virgin complaint letter’’sJanuary 30th, 2009 - 12:44 pm ICT by ANI
London, January 30 (ANI): The man who blasted Virgin Atlantics in-flight meals in a letter to the airlines Chief Executive Sir Richard Branson has been revealed to be a leading advertising executive named Oliver Beale.
The 29-year-olds letter has been circulated around the world, and branded worlds best passenger complaint letter on account of its pointedness and humour.
Beale was so annoyed by the state of his in-flight meal on a flight from Mumbai to London last month that he wrote a six-page letter to Branson, complete with photographs of the food items he was served.
In the letter, he described his travel as a “culinary journey of hell”.
Beale, who works as an art director at award-winning advertising agency WCRS in London, denied that the letter was an advertising stunt, and insisted that it was a genuine complaint at the state of his meal.
He confirmed that Branson personally telephoned him to apologise, and invited him to select the food and wines for future Virgin flights.
“He was incredibly nice about the whole thing but I haven”t received any compensation since talking to him,” the Telegraph quoted him as saying.
He even expressed embarrassment about the success of his letter, and said that he felt uncomfortable with the idea of his newfound Internet celebrity.
He said: “Er, I don”t really want to do anything more about it, thanks.”
Beales friends know him as Oli. He has worked on TV commercials, including one for Brylcreem, in which a man uses a series of gadgets to get ready in the morning. (ANI)
- Bhaji in the custard: witty passenger invited to select Virgin meals - Jan 29, 2009
- Virgin offers author of worlds best passenger complaint letter food testers job - Jan 29, 2009
- Branson's stint as stewardess put on hold after he injures his knee - Jan 15, 2011
- Kutcher heads to space - Mar 21, 2012
- Branson to work as air hostess on AirAsia flight - Nov 17, 2010
- World''s best passenger complaint letter blasts Virgins in-flight meals - Jan 27, 2009
- Virgin boss Branson to shave his legs, wear make-up after losing bet? - Nov 17, 2010
- Palak paneer to tandoori - Indian food a hit in Helsinki (Feature) (With Images) - Jun 28, 2012
- Branson among 529 signed up for space trip - Jul 12, 2012
- Perry excited about space trip - Apr 03, 2011
- Usain Bolt to visit New Zealand - Sep 11, 2012
- Prince Harry wants to go to space - Aug 07, 2011
- Why can't wives cook the mothers' way - Mar 16, 2012
- Soon, Sir Richard Branson's space tourism reality show - Jan 18, 2010
- Katy Perry 'really excited' about space trip with Russell Brand - Apr 03, 2011
Tags: advertising agency, art director, beale, brylcreem, chief executive, complaint letter, culinary journey, embarrassment, flight meal, food items, gadgets, humour, internet celebrity, mumbai, sir richard branson, tv commercials, virgin atlantics, virgin flights, wcrs, wines