‘Lazy’ policeman faces jail for sabotaging probesSeptember 13th, 2012 - 7:39 pm ICT by IANS
London, Sep 13 (IANS) A police official in Scotland Yard is facing jail after he failed to investigate rape cases that allowed the alleged rapists to escape prosecution, because he was too “lazy” to do any work, a court heard.
Detective Constable Ryan Coleman-Farrow, 30, who worked for the sex offences unit, sabotaged investigations into 11 suspected sex attackers, and then forged police files to cover up his negligence, the Daily Express reported.
His “lazy” act, over a three-year period, meant 12 women did not get justice, the report said.
Coleman-Farrow told his senior officers that a series of rape investigations were dropped after the victims withdrew their allegations.
He then told the women victims that police had shelved inquiries into their cases, according to London’s Southwark Crown Court.
The Daily Express said that in reality, Coleman-Farrow had not bothered to interview key witnesses, failed to look for CCTV evidence or follow up vital forensic clues.
The man then falsified official records to make it look like the investigations had been carried out thoroughly.
But his actions - committed between January 2007 and September 2010 - were uncovered and he admitted 13 charges of misconduct in a public office. He was sacked in April 2011.
- Policeman jailed over affair with a rape 'victim' - Aug 06, 2011
- Meghalaya women slam Andhra top cop's dress remark - Jan 01, 2012
- South Carolina preacher charged with kidnapping and rape - Aug 22, 2011
- Rapist cop in UK finally jailed after attacking 30 women during 5-year reign - Nov 25, 2010
- Long trials to blame for rapists walking free - Nov 30, 2010
- Assange challenges extradition - Jul 12, 2011
- Three British policemen sacked every week - Jan 30, 2012
- Two school officials dismissed for negligence in rape case - Sep 26, 2011
- Man jailed in Britain for raping drunk women - Sep 24, 2011
- Railway constable held for rape - Sep 06, 2012
- Goa's child rapist nabbed, police fear more victims - Nov 01, 2011
- Jailed rapist released early assaults again within weeks - Jun 08, 2011
- Castration for rapist? Many women don't agree - May 03, 2011
- 400 offenders in Britain raped again after release - Jul 16, 2012
- British rapist jailed after 26 years - Jan 29, 2012
Tags: allegations, daily express, detective constable, farrow, inquiries, investigations, lazy act, negligence, police files, police official, policeman, probes, prosecution, rape cases, rapists, ryan coleman, scotland yard, sex attackers, sex offences, southwark crown court