Lavigne to represent Canada at China’s world expoApril 28th, 2009 - 9:21 pm ICT by IANS
London, April 28 (IANS) Singer-songwriter and actress Avril Lavigne has been selected to represent her native Canada as its ambassador at China’s first world expo to be held next year.
The 24-year-old, who is also a fashion designer, was born in Ontario and is wildly popular in Asia.
She had previously recorded portions of her hit songs in Mandarin and is now expected to help bridge the gap between eastern and western cultures by travelling to Shanghai to represent her home country, reports contactmusic.com.
“I was in Vancouver and honoured as the Canadian Ambassador for 2010 World Expo, in Shanghai, China. It’s really exciting as it’s the first time China has ever hosted World Expo and the theme is Better City, Better Life,” she posted on her MySpace.com blog.
“It’s really cool that over 200 countries and international organisations are coming together at the World Expo, Shanghai to create a better future for the world. I’ve played two shows in Shanghai. It’s a great city and I look forward to visiting again next year,” she added.
- Avril Lavigne becomes Canadian Ambassador for 2010 World Expo - Apr 29, 2009
- Fans impress Lavigne with her tattoo on their bodies - Jul 03, 2011
- Avril Lavigne engaged - Aug 22, 2012
- Lavigne cooks to forget career pressures - Apr 16, 2012
- No time for workout: Lavigne - Oct 26, 2011
- Avril has a pizza named after her - Jul 18, 2011
- Lavigne donates musical instruments to kids - Jun 28, 2012
- Lavigne keen to marry again - Mar 23, 2011
- JLo tops list of perfume makers - Jun 30, 2012
- Avril Lavigne And Brody Jenner Go For Another Matching Tattoo - Jul 07, 2010
- Avril Lavigne's new album 'more about emotion, feeling' - Jul 28, 2009
- Avril Lavigne obsessed with cooking - Oct 04, 2010
- Avril Lavigne creates nail polish range - Jan 22, 2012
- Avril Lavigne says that divorce hasn't inspired her new album - Apr 04, 2011
- Matching tattoos for Avril Lavigne and beau - Apr 12, 2010
Tags: actress, asia, avril lavigne, better city better life, better future, bridge the gap, canadian ambassador, fashion designer, gap, hit songs, international organisations, london, mandarin, native canada, shanghai china, singer songwriter, time china, vancouver, western cultures, world expo