Lara Logan was ’stripped, punched and beaten with flagpoles during Egypt attack’February 22nd, 2011 - 12:54 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 22 (ANI): More details have emerged about CBS correspondent Lara Logan’s terrifying ordeal in Egypt, including that she was stripped, punched and whipped with flagpoles by a frenzied mob.
According to The Sunday Times newspaper, sensitive parts of her body were covered in red marks that were originally thought to have been bite marks.
However, after further examination they were revealed to be from aggressive pinching, reports the Daily Mail.
It also emerged that the crowd labelled Logan a spy and chanted ‘Israeli’ and ‘Jew’ as they beat her.Medical sources have revealed that marks on her body were consistent with being whipped and beaten by the makeshift poles that demonstrators were using to fly flags.
“Lara is getting better daily. The psychological trauma is as bad as, if not worse than, the physical injuries. She might talk about it at sometime in the future, but not now,” an unnamed friend of the reporter told The Sunday Times.
CBS originally said only that Logan was the victim of a ‘brutal and sustained assault’ at the hands of around 200 men who had been ‘whipped into a frenzy’ on the night Hosni Mubarak resigned from power.
Guards who had escorted her into the square were also badly beaten by the mob, with one suffering a broken hand.
Logan was taken to the Four Seasons hotel, where she was treated and sedated and then flown out of the country. (ANI)
- CBS correspondent Lara Logan 'sexually assaulted while covering Egypt protests - Feb 16, 2011
- Clinton 'very concerned' about sexual assault on CBS News correspondent Lara Logan - Feb 18, 2011
- Cairo mob raped me with their hands, says CBS reporter Lara Logan - Apr 29, 2011
- CBS correspondent Lara Logan 'vows to return to work within weeks' - Feb 17, 2011
- Obama calls CBS correspondent Lara Logan after sexual assault - Feb 17, 2011
- A woman in black robe saved me from Cairo rapists: Lara Logan - May 02, 2011
- Threat of violence against women in Egypt unfolds after attacks - Feb 18, 2011
- Journalist sexually assaulted at Tahrir celebration - Feb 16, 2011
- Elisabeth Hasselbeck confronts Bill Maher - Nov 16, 2011
- I was more afraid of being raped than shot, says female war correspondent - Feb 17, 2011
- Sexually assaulted CBS reporter Lara Logan could become target for copycat attacks: Ex boss - Feb 18, 2011
- Mubarak in coma but not clinically dead (Lead) - Jun 20, 2012
- Egypt crisis: CBS journalist incorrectly tweets about Mubarak's exit - Feb 06, 2011
- Mubarak declines food, becomes 'extremely weak' - Jul 27, 2011
- 'US can't save Afghanistan without dealing with Pak' - Dec 27, 2010
Tags: cbs, cbs correspondent, crowd, daily mail, demonstrators, flagpoles, flags, four seasons, frenzied mob, frenzy, hosni mubarak, jew, lara logan, london feb, medical sources, ordeal, physical injuries, psychological trauma, seasons hotel, sunday times