Laptop kills Canadian womanApril 17th, 2009 - 1:48 pm ICT by IANS
Vancouver, April 17 (IANS) In a freak incident, a young Canadian woman was killed by her laptop during an accident in the Indian-dominated city of Surrey near here, investigation reports said Thursday.
According to police, investigation has established that 25-year-old Heather Storey was killed when she was hit by her laptop while driving to work last month.
The unsecured laptop hit the woman’s head from behind when she had to brake hard to stop her vehicle suddenly.
Police said the impact of sudden braking sent the laptop flying and hit her in the head.
The force of the impact was so severe that it shattered the woman’s head, the laptop screen and bent its frame.
Investigators said the woman would have survived had she secured the laptop and warned people not to leave their belongings unsecured in the back of their vehicles.
- 70-year-old run over by Arbaaz Khan's car (Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- Indo-Canadian woman killed by husband - Jul 29, 2011
- 70-year-old run over by Arbaaz Khan's car (Second Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- 70-year-old run over by Arbaaz Khan's car (Third Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- Husband charged with Sikh woman's murder in Canada - Jan 25, 2011
- Bus mows down woman in east Delhi - Nov 23, 2011
- Four killed in road accidents in Delhi - Aug 14, 2011
- Punjabi woman's murder case nears verdict in Canada - Dec 11, 2010
- Two killed in shoot-out at Indian home in Vancouver, one held - Jun 22, 2009
- Killing of wife by husband stuns Indo-Canadian community - Aug 04, 2011
- Pile-up on Pune-Mumbai Expressway after freak accidents - Jun 09, 2012
- Chinese woman saved from coming under metro train - Aug 15, 2011
- Russian priest assaults women in road rage - Sep 06, 2012
- Punjab man gets life term for klling wife in Vancouver - Mar 26, 2011
- Man kills woman while parking car - Mar 10, 2012