Landslides kill 26 people in PhilippinesMay 19th, 2009 - 11:03 pm ICT by IANS
Manila, May 19 (Xinhua) Twenty-six people have died in landslides caused by the incessant rains in southern Philippines, officials said Tuesday.
The authorities have urged the residents in the affected areas to move to safer places.
The police said 26 people have died in landslides in different parts of the region since Monday.
Nineteen people are missing after landslides in the Compostela Valley province.
The injured were shifted to hospitals.
Governor Arturo Uy told reporters that a state of emergency has been declared in Pantukan region in southern Philippines to facilitate the rescue operations there.
- 25 killed as tropical storm hits Philippines - Jul 27, 2011
- 11 die in Philippines storm - Aug 08, 2012
- 2,000 fall sick in Philippines relief centres - Aug 10, 2012
- Two Indians gunned down in Philippines - Nov 16, 2011
- 12 killed, 40 missing as rains pound Uttarakhand, Jammu, Himachal (Second Lead) - Aug 05, 2012
- 170 dead in typhoon in Philippines (Lead) - Dec 17, 2011
- 45 missing as Philippines boat capsizes - Feb 14, 2012
- Typhoon Nesat kills 31 in Philippines - Sep 28, 2011
- Flashfloods displace 25,000 in the Philippines - Feb 20, 2012
- 12 killed, 40 missing as rains pound Uttarakhand, Jammu (Lead) - Aug 05, 2012
- Rebels kill eight in Philippines - Apr 04, 2011
- 11 killed in south China rains - Jul 15, 2012
- 44 die in Philippine quake - Feb 06, 2012
- Rain continues in Jammu, many trapped - Aug 05, 2012
- Philippines typhoon toll reaches 43 - Sep 30, 2011