Landslides kill 11 in ChinaJuly 1st, 2009 - 9:58 pm ICT by IANS
Nanchang (China), July 1 (Xinhua) At least 11 people were killed Wednesday in landslides caused by rainstorms in China’s Jiangxi and Guizhou provinces, officials said.
Rainstorms have hit the eastern Jiangxi and southwestern Guizhou provinces since Sunday, triggering landslides at several places Wednesday.
Two people were killed when a house collapsed in Huashan village in Jiangxi.
According to weather officials, the rain will continue till Friday.
The authorities have ordered the local officials to remain alert for floods and landslides.
In Guizhou province, nine people were killed and another person was missing in various incidents caused by the torrential rain.
More than one million people have been affected by the torrential rain, officials said.
- 55,000 evacuated as fresh floods hit China - Jun 15, 2011
- 44 killed in China floods - Jun 10, 2011
- Rainstorms in China leave 18 dead - Jul 20, 2012
- 12 dead, three mn hit by China storms - Jul 14, 2012
- 11 killed in south China rains - Jul 15, 2012
- Floods kill 50 in China - Jun 11, 2011
- Rains, floods hit China - Jun 28, 2012
- 38 killed in China rains, storm (Lead) - May 06, 2010
- 175 killed in China floods - Jun 20, 2011
- 13 die in China rainstorm - Aug 07, 2012
- 12 dead in China rains - Jul 21, 2012
- Freezing cold sweeps China - Jan 26, 2012
- 120,000 evacuated in China after breach in dykes - Jun 17, 2011
- 17 dead in China floods - Jul 23, 2011
- Four found dead after flooding washes away trucks in northwestern China - Jun 22, 2011