Lady GaGa’s dressing style boosts big knicker salesMay 31st, 2009 - 5:01 pm ICT by IANS
London, May 31 (IANS) British singer Lady GaGa’s infamous dressing sense has resulted in a rise in the sale of big knickers that have outstripped thongs for the first time in Britain, says a study.
Thanks to the singer’s whacky public appearances, there has been a 25 percent increase in sales of the comfortable under wear by the major consumer segment of teenagers, says lingerie expert Annette Warburton, from Debenhams, which carried out the study.
“We thought it strange that girls as young as 16 were buying black control pants with no obvious bumps to hide and found they were copying Lady GaGa and wearing them as hot pants,” mirror.co.uk quoted Warburton as saying.
The highest demand for the big pants so far has been recorded in Birmingham.
- Girls going for big pants after Lady Gaga - May 30, 2009
- Brit women dump g-strings for granny pants - Aug 07, 2010
- Russell Brand, Katy Perry order latex outfits for wedding - Jun 22, 2010
- Lady GaGa Goes Bra-Less For Stage Performance - Dec 17, 2010
- Lady Gaga, Snooki are top selling Halloween costumes in US - Oct 30, 2010
- Cougar effect boosts lingerie sales among middle-aged women - May 01, 2010
- Gaga defends Adele over nasty remarks - Nov 20, 2011
- Granny Panties Sale On The Rise! - Aug 21, 2010
- Lady GaGa Rebuffed By Top Chinese Designer! - Dec 02, 2010
- Flaunt your kinky side with 'bondage-style lingerie' this season! - Dec 04, 2010
- Cheryl Cole says that she admires Lady Gaga - Dec 08, 2011
- Lady GaGa Steps Out In Gravity – Defying Shoes Teamed With Revealing Dress - Dec 06, 2010
- Bras bought from UK high street fitters have 'room for socks' in cups! - Jan 25, 2010
- 'Pant-less' Lady Gaga's shopping spree in Paris - Dec 24, 2010
- Liverpool girls have biggest boobs in Britain! - Oct 10, 2009