Laboratory producing 2 tonnes of cocaine a month destroyedApril 10th, 2009 - 1:01 pm ICT by IANS
Bogota, April 10 (EFE) An illegal laboratory having the capacity to produce about two tons of cocaine a month was destroyed by the police in Colombia’s Antioquia province, authorities said.
Officers Thursday found nearly 11 kilos of cocaine, more than 16 tonnes of chemical substances and some 7,000 litres of liquids used to produce the illegal drug.
The laboratory had the capacity to produce approximately two tonnes of cocaine a month, police said.
The site also had a structure capable of housing about 30 people.
The drug raid was conducted in Pecoralia de Taraza, a rural area that was once under the control of former militia chief Ramiro “Cuco” Vanoy who was extradited to the US in May 2008.
- 17 cocaine labs destroyed in Colombia - Jan 26, 2012
- Colombian soldiers caught carrying cocaine - Jul 06, 2012
- Colombia seizes 2.2 tonnes of cocaine - Sep 13, 2011
- Gunman kills five in Colombia - Jul 28, 2012
- Laboratory producing cocaine found in Bogota - Nov 21, 2010
- Colombian police seize two tonnes of cocaine - Oct 14, 2009
- Colombian police capture key man in drug cartel linked to Mexico and the U.S. - Jan 14, 2011
- Colombia extradites drug trafficker to US - Sep 30, 2011
- Colombian police seize mobile cocaine lab - Mar 09, 2009
- 22 drug labs destroyed in Colombia - May 01, 2010
- Colombian police seize seven tonnes explosives - Apr 07, 2011
- Colombian prosecutor gets 15 years for drug links - Mar 11, 2011
- Colombian navy seizes 2.5 tonnes of cocaine - Nov 05, 2009
- Colombian police seize one tonne of cocaine - Aug 31, 2011
- Colombia seizes 2.6 tonnes of cocaine - Jun 06, 2012