LaBeouf won’t be main ‘Indiana Jones’ star: Director

August 9th, 2008 - 1:16 am ICT by IANS  

New York, Aug 8 (IANS) Hollywood director George Lucas has ruled out making Shia LaBeouf the lead character in his next Indiana Jones sequel and said the focus would be on Harrison Ford. There have been four instalments of ‘Indiana Jones’ so far and Lucas had previously hinted that a fifth adventure could focus more on Indiana Jones’ son, Mutt Williams, played by LaBeouf in “Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull”, reports

“I have an idea to make Shia the lead character next time and have Harrison come back like Sean Connery did in the last movie,” Lucas had said earlier this year during the film’s promotion.

However, he now insists Ford “is Indiana Jones” and said: “If it was Mutt Williams, it would be ‘Mutt Williams and the Search for Elvis’ or something and not Indiana Jones.”

Lucas also maintained that there were no definite plans for a fifth movie.

“The franchise really depends on me coming up with a good idea. The series is very research intensive. So we’re doing research now to see if we can’t come up with another object for him (Indiana Jones) to chase…”

Related Stories

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in World |