LA helps cure addiction: Robbie WilliamsFebruary 17th, 2010 - 1:47 am ICT by IANS
London, Feb 17 (IANS) English singer Robbie Williams believes living in Los Angeles is a good therapy and has made it easier to get over his much-publicised addiction problems.
The “Feel” hitmaker, who has been in rehab several times to be treated for alcohol and drug addiction, thinks the city is much more understanding and accepting of his problems and believes he would find recovery harder if he had stayed in Britain, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
“I can say it’s easier in Los Angeles…Everybody talks therapy out there. There’s a much better understanding of addiction, depression and ailments in general. There’s very much a stiff upper lip in England,” he said.
“These days people are softening, people are going to Alcoholics Anonymous and rehab, but it’s taken us a long time to stop the stiff upper lip,” he added.
- Rodney King is under house arrest for reckless driving - Feb 29, 2012
- Spears wants full time custody of sons - Nov 25, 2010
- Farrell's memory loss - Aug 17, 2012
- Sarah is ideal for Amy charity: Mitch Winehouse - Oct 25, 2011
- Demi Moore won't leave rehab till fully fit - Feb 27, 2012
- Aaron Carter enters rehab - Jan 24, 2011
- Love scenes more awkward for Colin: Beckinsale - Aug 21, 2012
- Doctors against Lindsay's mom acting as manager - Oct 20, 2010
- Lindsay Lohan miffed with Mena Suvari - Sep 03, 2011
- Martin Sheen says that Charlie Sheen is 'emotionally crippled' - Mar 22, 2011
- 'Party of Five' star Jeremy London speaks up about his battle with his drug addiction - Apr 23, 2010
- David Arquette checks himself into rehab - Jan 03, 2011
- Winehouse turns to 13-year-old for advice - Aug 10, 2009
- Golden-Voiced Man Ted Williams Arrested For Altercation, Then Headed To Rehab - Jan 13, 2011
- Take That ban alcohol on tour - Jul 22, 2010
Tags: addiction problems, ailments, alcohol, alcoholics, depression, drug addiction, england, english singer, hitmaker, london feb, long time, robbie williams, several times, singer robbie williams, stiff upper lip